Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen not lighting up fades away to blackness

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
last week i put the Versa on the charger as i noticed battery had died. i wasn't feeling well for a couple of days and saw no need to wear it as i was mainly on the couch or in bed. during this time the Versa was still in the charger. Yesterday i went to put it on and the screen was black and it wouldn't turn on. i put it back in the charger and the fain battery icon lit up indicating that the batter was dead. i charged it for a couple of hours and turned it back on and the screen was very faint, it would flicker and the display was pixelated and would slowly go to darkness and will not stay on. i received the Versa for my birthday in June so not very old and has been working great until now. has anyone experienced any of these issues? i looked on the community board and cant find anything. your help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

If you read here there have been many problems.  You need to contact FitBit support and arrange to have them replace the tracker.  It is an ordeal from what I have read here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @TMary, it sounds like your Versa may not be getting a good charge.  It may help to clean the charging contacts.  More information here.  You should also make sure that your charging source is working correctly, amd you should try giving your Versa a restart and repeating the restart procedure at least twice more.

Hopefully cleaning the contacts, checking the charger, and restarting will be enough to get you back going again, but if not do get in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com.  Be sure to let them know the trouble shooting steps you have already tried.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks so much for your suggestions, will definitely give it a try.  trying to get to the setup screen on the Versa is a challenge as the unit doesn't stay on long enough and i cant see whats going on.  wish me luck!

M

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks for the feedback. will try a couple other suggestions and will definitely reach out to Fitbit for help if none work

M

Best Answer
0 Votes