Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa short battery life....

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have received my Versa Thursday and after 2 hours of charging it. The battery got drained within 6 hours. I have charge it on a PC. last night, slept with the watch to wake up to see my watch is down to 0%. Any other user having this problem? Should I waiy for an update to correct that or its a harware problem. Thank you for your answers.

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
589 REPLIES 589
Get on to Fitbit. Send an email and DM them on twitter as you'll get a
faster response. They will go through steps with you and follow your
watches activity then if faulty will send you a new one in the post. If
your watch was bought in a shop and you have the receipt go there if no
satisfaction do the above.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I Have to charge just about every night. Longest it has lasted is 2 days

Best Answer
0 Votes
Get in touch with Fitbit by Twitter DM they will get you to fully charge
your watch, put it on all day sync and then they'll follow it and if it's
showing them it's not holding charge they will replace it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is way better now I have a Fitbit watch face and not another one

Best Answer
0 Votes
thank you

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's good to hear. I'm on my third fit bit Versa since 30/4/18 and I've
always used a fitbit watch face and anything in it is all Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
that's all I use

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s what I have now and the battery life is amazing! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes after the last update the battery drains rapidly. I brought this to the attention of Fitbit they basically said if you use any features of the watch the expected life of it is 2 days. I didn't spend $200 to buy a watch I have to charge it every 2 days. The Samsung products are much better. If you live near Best Buy they will purchase your Fitbit . get a Samsung

Best Answer
thank you for reply. Actually I'm on day 3. First time that has happened. We'll see.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I apologize for the delayed response and will be happy to continue assisting you with your Versa battery drain issue.

@kiwi61, thank you for sharing all that happened to your Versa and for the updates. I'm glad that you'll receive a replacement device. 

@acr21, I'm glad to hear that with changing watch faces your battery lasts 5 days.

Welcome to the forums @KenHastings! Please continue following the advise our support team has provided you and let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you for sharing your advise @Jac68! Keep on visiting the forums! Robot LOL

@kgreen327, I'm glad to hear that battery life is amazing with clock face you use.

@SunsetRunner, thank you for your feedback. If you use a product on its full potencial, battery will drain faster than if you use it only to check your stats. Are you using too many Apps and things on your watch that may cause battery drain?

@ReberD, please let us know how it goes with what you've been trying. 

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
Andrea, as of now I'm on day 4 at 50%. So maybe it corrected itself. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Only if you bought it at an "authorized" dealer. Don't buy it from a dude you know at work or you're SOL 🙂

Bought mine in September 2018 - after the latest firmware update in January 2019 it holds a battery for ~6 hours with most features turned off. Fitbit denies warranty because of where I bought it. I was quite surprised their customer service is as bad as it is.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's awful. The exact same thing happened to my first one in July and it
was an update too that caused it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@HowardSH

I suspect all employees aren't briefed on the technical aspects of charging...

As someone who lecturers in Engineering and has developed wearable medical devices, I'd be incredibly shocked if the engineers behind the Fitbit charger neglected to implement proper charging circuitry. Many of the undergraduates I've taught would certainly have the sense to do so! Whilst a correlation between charging current and battery capacity indeed exists, it definitely shouldn't turn days worth of capacity into hours. As for the UL-certified chargers, as far as I can see, these are practically unheard of in the UK.

So far, with everything turned on, third party clock faces and a bunch of apps, I'm losing about 20-25% per day. Perhaps this is a quality control issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, welcome aboard! 

@NessaSaraLee, welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear that you have this bad experience with your Versa, and that our Support team could't help you out because your warranty didn't apply. 

@Jac68, how is your Versa going up now? How is the battery life doing?

@amc25, welcome aboard! I appreciate your feedback. As you can see on the Versa manual, a fully charged Versa has a battery life of up to 4+ days. Battery life and charge cycles vary with use and other factors; actual results will vary. So I would say that if your Versa drains 20% to 25% per day, it is considered normal.

Keep me posted guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
So far so good, hopefully it will stay that way. 😀
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Jac68! Sounds great that the battery of your Versa is draining as expected. Cat Happy If you have further questions or comments, let me know! 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Same exact issue, battery doesn't last more than 12-14 hours and never has regardless of what is disabled.  I've done all the troubleshooting and contacted support who suggested I just turn off all the features to extend battery life - which would seem to completely defeat the purpose of buying this device in the first place! I'm already not utilizing most of the features just to get 12 hours of battery as it is. Contacted support, did the battery drain test as instructed, reported back to support only to be told I was given incorrect instructions and now I have to repeat the test again. I'm still within the return for any reason window, if I get another run around from support tomorrow, that will be the route I take. 

Best Answer
0 Votes