Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa short battery life....

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have received my Versa Thursday and after 2 hours of charging it. The battery got drained within 6 hours. I have charge it on a PC. last night, slept with the watch to wake up to see my watch is down to 0%. Any other user having this problem? Should I waiy for an update to correct that or its a harware problem. Thank you for your answers.

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
589 REPLIES 589

I've had my Versa a week and it averages about 48 hours, maybe slightly less. I go to the gym for about an hour each day and use Deezer (which is horrible and clunky to use) I get a few notifications each day but not excessive. So I'm disappointed and thinking about returning it and going back to Garmin which had superb battery life.

Best Answer

On past Fitbits I got my best battery life after a few cycles.  All of the have lasted and surpassed battery time advertised.

Best Answer

After 39 hours, I'm at 59%. I've played around with it quite a bit, but not done any workouts yet.

Alta > Versa > Versa 2 > Sense
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I agree with @GregJaxFL. I think the battery life improved over the first few charges on my fitbits, but not to a huge extent.

I find the big drains on the battery are all day sync, and playing with it a lot (as you do with a new device!) The number of times you turn the screen on has quite an impact, so if you are someone who is constantly checking the time the battery wont last the full 4 or 5 days.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I've been getting 5 days, into the 6th day consistently since I got mines on the 2nd.

Best Answer

@iw5032 Thanks for sharing your experience! Versa can last up to 4+ days depending on use (settings and use of some features like GPS will use up more battery). There might be instances, depending on use, where the battery might not last up to the 4 days. Check out this help article for tips on maximizing battery. Go ahead and continue to monitor your battery and let us know if you have any problems. 

@hassi2k7 That's odd,12 hours is well below what is expected. Unless you're using Connected GPS all day, the battery life should last way longer than what you've mentioned. How are you charging your Versa? USB charging block? Maybe try an alternate power source like a USB port on a desktop or laptop computer which has a reliable/stable power output. Also, make sure to charge up your Versa for at least 2 hours to get a full charge. If you continue to experience low levels as mentioned, please let me know. 

@BlazeFS I'd continue to use and monitor Versa. Use it for a few weeks, charging it when needed during this time. and then determine if you need assistance due to battery performance issue. Check out this help article to help you maximizing battery life. Thanks for reaching out!

Best Answer

I charged my Versa yesterday around 2pm to 100%, today at 1:04pm I am at 28% I haven’t been playing around with it much, all I did was wear it all day, worked out, wore it to sleep. The only notifications I have sent to it are my phone calls. I feel like mine might be defective!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kcosulvn Thanks for stopping by and welcome to the community! I've moved your post to this one since other users are discussing the same battery life topic.

The drain you are describing is a bit odd, but let's hold off on determining that's it's defective just yet. Go ahead and continue to monitor your battery today and once it's completely dead, charge it again. Wear your Versa over the next week or two, charging it when necessary and let's see how it goes. Additionally, check out this help article for tips on how to maximize battery life. If you feel there is a problem after a week or so, don't hesitate to reach back out to let us know so we can further assist. 

Best Answer

So far, battery life is living up to Fitbit’s claim of 4+ days. I hit four full days at 3pm ET today and the battery indicator still indicates 24%. I hope that continues. 

Best Answer

My wife just got her versa yesterday, went through the setup and gave it a full charge. It was removed from the charger at midnight last night and was dead by 9AM. I have charged it back up and I will try again but definitely seems odd it only lasted 9 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Versa this week and was so excited.  I have had several fitbit products and this is the first time I've had a battery issue.  It was not holding a charge for more than 8 hours.  After reading through your posts and others in the forum, it seems to be an issue with some of the Versa's.  After reading through your response from support and other recommendations, I did all the actions.  Removed all third party apps, turned off all day sync, turned off quick view.  I only have Always Connected and keep - alive widget (i sync with MyFitness Pal) active.  I put it on fully charged at 100% at 7:00am this morning and its now at 67% after 3 hours.  Not using any of the features, just syncing a couple of times.   I called support and they agreed it shouldn't be depleting that quickly and opened a case and sent to support (not sure who I called, then?)  Anyway, they will be able to see when it fully depletes, which I am expecting to be about 3 or 4 this afternoon 😞  I have been encouraged seeing others got a replacement.  I will keep you posted!

Best Answer

As an update, customer support decided it was definitely wrong so have agreed to send a replacement.

Only issue I have is its sold out so have a 3-4week wait until its back in stock, but hopefully the new one won't have same problem! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having some battery issue today. I fully charged my Versa this morning and now, 4 hours later it was not responsive. The battery was drained. This is after the second time I had fully charged it. (The first time I charged it was the day it arrived and the battery lasted 3+ days.) I have all-day sync disabled and manual wake only so it shouldn't be draining the battery. We'll see if this issue keeps up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: 4 days 14 hours, battery at 10%. Should be able to make it 5 days. But I am charging it soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the Fitbit Versa for over a week now. I really really like the watch. While there are some minor issues to iron out with Windows phone notifications etc., the biggest issue I have with the device I received is with the battery life. With minimal use there is an average hourly battery drain of 3.5%. The device is lasting an average of 29 hrs as a result, quite a bit short of the 100hrs I had expected from the marketing of the product. Obviously I would not expect to achieve the max advertised when using multiple features over a few days, however I think it reasonable to expect that the device would perform better than it has for me so far. I have found Fitbit customer support to be nothing short of excellent. They have been very helpful, listening and acknowledging the issues presented to them and responding very quickly to my email correspondence with them. They have been able to verify my feedback by accessing information regarding the battery and charging performance from Sync data. Thankfully Fitbit have committed to send me a replacement in 2-3 weeks and I hope that the battery performance of the new device matches the quality of the features it powers when I receive it.

Best Answer

Same case with me, its just really annoying since we pre ordered it so we can have it before it hits the shelfs. Now we have to wait an extra month. 

Best Answer

I know, it is unfortunate and certainly not ideal. I am using the device I have in the meantime so I will be able to make best use of the new device when it arrives. By the looks of things so far I will be ordering a scratch protector for my new Versa in the meantime.

Best Answer
So I did as you suggested. I let the watch die completely, then charged it to 100%. I did this yesterday around 5pm, now it is 11:45am and my watch is at 62%. I have all the notifications turned off. All it is doing currently is tracking my steps and heart rate. Is that normal for the battery to drain this quickly with me basically not even using it?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried to restart your Versa. If you have you may neecto do a factory reset 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know about the Versa as am still waiting!  But with the Charge HR I had, it was charged every couple of days as a matter of course, so really had no idea of how long it would take to discharge.  The same will not doubt be the case with the Versa

Best Answer
0 Votes