Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa short battery life....

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have received my Versa Thursday and after 2 hours of charging it. The battery got drained within 6 hours. I have charge it on a PC. last night, slept with the watch to wake up to see my watch is down to 0%. Any other user having this problem? Should I waiy for an update to correct that or its a harware problem. Thank you for your answers.

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
589 REPLIES 589

@HeydyF I'm very happy with my Versa and a drain of 20-25% isn't a problem, in fact it's pretty good coming from Wear OS. I'm merely highlighting that fact I think a software bug or quality control issue might be to blame for some of the battery drain issues. I don't think method of charging, and by extention the user, is at fault here.

With widespread issues affecting many users such as this one, or the issues with Bluetooth syncing many complain of, the company should realise that perhaps it is at fault, rather than it's customers. That's just my opinion though! :smiley:

Best Answer
Get into Fitbit support through DM on twitter as they are excellent to deal
with. Quote any reference number you have received from Fitbit by email
related to this issue. My only fault with customer service is I wanted a
refund as this was my third watch but I do love my watch when it's working.
I hate this turn off all features stuff as there is no point having the
watch if you can't use all the features on it and using all the features
you expect to lose some battery charge but not 85% of it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive had mine since May last year & was working brilliantly battery life would last for several days when fully charged but all of a sudden the battery life has diminished & barely last 12 hours now. When I contract the help service they said to switch off & on but my battery dies anyway so can’t see the point of that & I thought it my be an update issue but I’ve done all the update & there is no change. Think it must be a hardware issue

Best Answer

My wife's watch, which was a Christmas gift has gone from 4-5 days charge to barely 1 in the last couple of days. Did the reset (which has apparently worked for others) and charged to 100% last night about 8pm, 8am this morning after doing nothing other than sleep it's down to 50%.

Mine thankfully (bought about the same time with same firmware etc) is still lasting the 4-5 days and hope it stays that was so can only conclude this is a QC issue. Will be contacting support about her watch soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was replaced three times and has been working great for months now. A coworker got one for Christmas and also has the battery life issue. It’s going to take patience and persistence to get it resolved. When she gets the new one, be sure to remove the previous device before adding this one for her and hopefully this one has a newer production date. I think the first ones all has QC issues. Best of luck.?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your update on this. It’s seem to be a random but common issue. Mine worked fine until October but I also went swimmingly with it on for the 1st time around then so not sure if this has affected although it is meant to be waterproof?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The versa has never been near water. Take it off even to shower.

Spoke to support yesterday and it's currently being run down from fully charged so they can monitor the battery performance. Unfortunately overnight the screen has become a matrix style green mess such that you cannot read it any more.

It's very much a dud!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! I appreciate your responses! 

@Andrew21339, welcome aboard! I appreciate the time you have taken to contact our Support team for further help. Sounds good that they have offered you the option to return it. Let's keep an eye on the battery draining, and contact them if you decide to give it back. 

@amc25, mine also drains about 20% per day, with normal use. Is what is meant to last; about 4 days. But I appreciate your feedback, I will certainly pass it to our team. 

@Jac68, thanks for contacting our team. By using all the features on the Versa, you can expect at mos, 4 days of battery. So let see how it goes. 

@KarenB27, did you contact our team again to let them know about the battery draining. Now about wearing while swimming, the Versa is water resistant up to 50 meters.

@David68, let me know what our Customer service team says about the Versa. I hope they can help you out. 

@Farmlife29113, thanks for your feedback. Our team is always working on improving our products and services. 

Have a nice day guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HeydyF spent a long while with customer services this afternoon. Tried a lot of things but ultimately it's a warranty replacement. Hopefully will be back on an even keel in 4 working days!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @David68, and I appreciate the time you have taken to contact our Support team. Sounds great that you'll receive a replacement.

Fitbit Update: 1/31

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for contributing to this discussion and providing your feedback/experiences. We're sorry for any short battery life issues you may have experienced and hope you've gotten into contact with our Support team if this has been a continued problem for you. 

If you haven't done so, please feel free to contact us: Customer Support

We're also happy to create cases for you if you've tried troubleshooting and the issue persists, just open a new topic and let us know what you've tried to troubleshoot and what you observed with the battery life. We're now going to close this thread from further comments to keep our Community on-topic and organized. This thread began last year around the time Versa launched in Spring, so please open a new discussion if you're having any issues. Thanks, everyone! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer