Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa - short battery life

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does my Versa battery only hold a charge for 2 1/2 days when it is suppose to hold a charge for 4 days?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hey @RLango, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! That is correct my friend. The battery of the Versa should last up to 4 days with normal use. Because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary. I suggest you to take a look at the following tips to improve your Versa battery life: 

• Make sure you're charging Versa fully each time. It can take up to 2 hours to charge your watch. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Turn off the option to wake the screen when you turn your wrist; instead, tap the screen to turn it on:
    • On your watch, press and hold the back button, then swipe to the quick settings screen > Screen Wake > Manual.
  • If you don't need heart rate data, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. Note that the green LED continues to flash even if Heart Rate is turned off.
  • Turn off call, text, calendar, and app notifications if you know you're going to receive many hundreds of notifications. A large volume reduces battery life:
    • On your watch, press and hold the back button, then swipe to the quick settings screen > Notifications > Off.
  • Charge your watch more often if:
    • You play music or use the music controls frequently
    • You use apps that keep the watch's screen on or frequently access the internet
    • You use an interactive or animated clock face
  • Don't receive reminders to move every hour. To get fewer reminders, make sure you walk 250 steps each hour, change the number of hours you want your stationary time monitored, or turn off the feature on days you don't need it.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Shut down Versa when it's not in use. For instructions, see How do I turn off my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have tried every tips - including a factory reset to try to sort out the battery life issue my Versa Lite seems to have developed overnight.  For 15 months and until last week I had 3 to 4 days life out of it and it only depended on the length of activities.  Suddenly it drains overnight! Can we send it somewhere for a battery change?  Thank you.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem too. I used to get at least 4 days from one charge, but over the past month this has dropped to 2 days and is getting worse. I have already tried the tips they suggest and it makes no difference.  How long do these batteries normally last? I have had my Versa for exactly 2 years, and I dont use many of the features to drain it. Is there anything I can do, or is it dying?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. I’m trying to understand what happened as I would be surprised if it is the battery being suddenly dead. Batteries usually show sign of age over time but for my 15 month old Versa Lite it went overnight. Strangely, at about the same time, I started receiving calendar notifications (I didn’t think it was turn on!) constantly. I thought it might be what was draining the battery so I turned everything off. It made no change. Did you have the same or similar problem? It feels like if something has been turned on by Fitbit (like a GPS for example) and it’s suddenly communicating constantly. I like my watch very much, wears it all the time and would be sad to let it go.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Until about a month ago, my battery lasted 4 days, and it then suddenly went down to 2 days and is getting shorter. I am disappointed if this means a Versa only la sts 2 years. Is this the expected life?

Best Answer
0 Votes