Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stopped receiving call notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware Version: 32.32.4.19

I had my phone on silent today and realized my text, email, etc., were coming through on my Versa. I thought awesome, because the only work around I found was to turn my volume up on my phone, and change all my ring tones/notification tones to 'None'. The Versa would get the notification, my phone would act as though it was on silent so it worked out.

Now ... that the phone is actually on silent I'm getting every notification except phone calls. I turned my phone volume back up, and calls come through. Not sure why the calls aren't working on silent but everything else is? Also, I haven't even gotten the latest update so I'm not sure about that either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
76 REPLIES 76

Thank you Kanti, your solution works! What is happening now is that my Versa does not wake up when the calls come in. I feel the vibration but I have to tap the screen to see the incoming call. 

Best Answer

Same prob gallaxy s7 and talked to Fitbit customer service they put me through to the helpline and they said the exact same thing test called don't work and they're not sure why it's not working but that they've never heard of this before it might be my phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue - galaxy s7 + versa, very frustrated not getting phone notifications -- all other notifications coming through; i also see when i go to the notification screen the button "move" to on --- please fix 

Best Answer

ok... versa watch, samsung galaxy s7... when i go to notification options for calls, i see the button switch from off to on... it clearly isn't saving correctly and doesn't work, i really want this watch to work for me but knowing who calls is an important feature for me

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my samsung S7 edge and versa watch. I receive everything except calls and it worked fine before, I even could take the calls with my versa, now I don't even get the test. I do get missed calls notifications. My phone is compatible, why is fitbit telling us they never heard of the problem while I read here the same from several people. I have waited patiently but the problem doesn't seem to get solved by fitbit.

Best Answer
If you look carefully, it's clear that the notification is not getting saved correctly.
when you go to the notification page, the 'Calls" switch can be observed to move from NO to YESon opening of the page.  
this is not true of the 'always vibrate' switch, when you open notifications, the setting stays exactly where has been set
Best Answer

I have excactly the same problem here in the app. It worked fine before so they can fix this again!

Best Answer

I spent an hour with fitbit help desk trying to get this feature to work on my versa...still not able.to receive call alerts from my samsung galaxy...all.other notifications work as expected

Best Answer

Same issue for me - Galaxy S7 with Versa.  Happy with the watch otherwise, but is very frustrating that there are no notifications for phone calls - which seems like it should be the first function validated by Fitbit for each release.

Best Answer

Same issue here. All notifications work but calls. Also, the test call notification isn't working either.

Everything used to work normally.

Moto X Pure. Android 7.0

Best Answer

The call notifications start working again.

After each update I was hoping for it to work again and suddenly yesterday without any app update or change in my phone settings, I could receive call notifications again. Today I had a new app update and I was worried it would have stopped receiving again but it still works fine. The test call notification works also although the button next to notification still changes when I open the page. I can't point out what caused it neither what fixed it again, so I hope it keeps on working now.

Best Answer

I had galaxy s7 received text notifacations on my versa only  but I bought the galaxy s9 and get all notifications on my versa call text emails everything 

Best Answer
0 Votes

have google pixel 2 and facing the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not fixed for me but happy others are starting to work... there's hope

Best Answer

it finally works.... BUT i had to RESET my phone to factory settings to get it to work!

Best Answer

Yup  this worked for me. Some how it got turned off

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like.kanti stated in her reply. Hold the button on the left side and it will let u turn notifications on/off. Mine got turned off some how and that was my issue.  All good now 

Best Answer

Same here. Texts and calls were working then stopped.  I've reset, restarted, logged out, and checked all settings. Today, out of the blue, it took one text and one missed call. Then, nothing else. 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

QUICK UPDATE I was able to fix this issue by unpairing my device from my phone using the fitbit app and then forgetting the device from the phone bluetooth settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read loads on this tried a reset worked straight away press and hold left and right bottom buttons for a few seconds then wait for the fitbit logo to appear then that should be enough.  Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes