Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stopped receiving call notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware Version: 32.32.4.19

I had my phone on silent today and realized my text, email, etc., were coming through on my Versa. I thought awesome, because the only work around I found was to turn my volume up on my phone, and change all my ring tones/notification tones to 'None'. The Versa would get the notification, my phone would act as though it was on silent so it worked out.

Now ... that the phone is actually on silent I'm getting every notification except phone calls. I turned my phone volume back up, and calls come through. Not sure why the calls aren't working on silent but everything else is? Also, I haven't even gotten the latest update so I'm not sure about that either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
76 REPLIES 76

I get that also. I get missed call notifications but not incoming.  I have only had my versa for a week and a half.

Best Answer

Well, after a few months of working as it should my Fitbit is no longer receiving call and text notifications. I did recently install the latest version of the Android app on my Moto g6. Today I have been going through the troubleshooting steps even uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Call and text notifications are an important part of Versa functionality for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After going through the troubleshooting steps to get notifications working several times, I am happy to report notifications are working again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kante!  I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to let you know that you solved my problem!  My goodness, I tried everything!  Completely forgot that notifications could be turned off that way. You’re a genius 😉

Best Answer

Did you ever get this resolved? I have a Google Pixel and I am not receiving calls on my versa. The call test option does not work either. Please help....I am so frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did get it to work but i believe it was really an update my phone's operating system that made it work, i reset my phone and did every update available before it worked
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok thanks! I have tried every suggestion, and nothing works. I even did a factory reset and that did not work. I got my Fitbit Versa for Mother's Day but now I'm thinking about taking it back to the store. 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine started working with one of the latest Fitbit updates.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a recent update? I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalled the app...is there another way to get the update?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just did an update this week. Check your google apps and check for an
update.
Best Answer

Notifications worked on Tuesday and Wednesday but quit working today. Just when I get my hopes up...worked for two days...it quits working. Yes, I have the latest version of the Android app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure what else to try. Mine is still working. 🙁
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's so silly that I tried everything else and didn't think of this.  Thank you for enlightening me, Kanti!  It worked!

Best Answer

Please try my suggestion 

Pressing the left button on the fitbit for longer brings up the Notifications Screen. Turn on the Notifications. It should work.

Best Answer

Kanti, 

Been there...done that 20 times.....still no notification in regards to calls.  I can receive texts etc. but no calls.  I have reset, unpaired/repaired, uninstalled the fitbit app multiple times.  I have updated both my phone and my fitbit yet nothing seems to work.  I can not even get a test call to work anymore.  

Best Answer

I have done the exact same thing...still not receiving call notifications. Only alerts me when I miss a call. Which is no use if I don't know my phone is ringing! So frustrated 😠

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, all notifications work except for calls. And my setting is “On” for call notifications.  I noticed all the comments here are from 2018 which tells me nothing has been done to fix this!! I bought a Versa for my daughter  next month but will be taking it back. This is ridiculous! 7/11/19

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa was working good till yesterday. It seems the new update (Aug15th) messed up the call feature. Anyone facing the same issue. The text messages are working good. The Calls key moves to on only when you open the setup and it goes off the moment you close the notification settings. 

Best Answer

My S7 edge is also not receiving calls  I wish companies would test and try updates though my before they put them out rather than use the customer to test for them.

As there are still so many issues with the update they should re issue the old firmware as they worked great

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I posted earler my versa has stopped recieving  call notifications we have 5 vesras in our family  all have some sort of problem now after the update we feel that fitbit are not doing enough to sort the problem out and will  be returning them for a full refund if this is not sorted before the 12 months warranty runs out as not fit for purpose 

Best Answer
0 Votes