Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stopped receiving notifications from Android phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa stopped receiving notifications a few days ago. I've done a lot of troubleshooting and it still won't receive notifications. It's not even receiving the test call notification. It's still paired to my phone and syncing with the app but I'm not receiving notifications on my Versa. I don't know what else to do.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
178 REPLIES 178

To YojanaFitbit: I'm sorry, but I did mention this in my thread (which was folded into this one) Please read below that I have already attempted your mentioned troubleshooting steps, I have also completely reset my device and re-paired it (also uninstalled and reinstalled the application itself), as well as every other possible troubleshooting step. I've done it all. 
If possible, please read all of the information before providing further information for a "fix". Additionally, if this IS a larger issue w/ the fitbit software, please advise of this instead of asking us to repeat troubleshooting steps over and over and over again.
Thank you.
Fitbit Versa 2
Platform: Android
App version: 3.64 (most up to date version per app)
Device: Pixel 4a5g
*OS version: Android version 12 (updated on 7/5/22)
as of an hour ago(roughly 3pm EST today 07/27/2022), I stopped receiving notifications on my Fitbit versa 2. I have tried all of the basic troubleshooting steps suggested in other forums and help sites (disable BT for 10 sec. re-enable // un/re-pair device to Fitbit app // etc) none have worked to resolve this issue. Sleep mode and DND mode are off. Notifications are synced properly on the app. 
Please assist. 

Android User - Pixel 4a5g - Android ver 12, Fitbit app ver 3.64 (36419051), Versa 2 firmware ver 35.72.1.19
Best Answer

Sadly, Fitbit will not confirm if this is a software update issue w/ the Versa 2, nor will they provide any helpful information other than asking us over and over and over again to re-do the troubleshooting steps in this and many other threads. 
We will just have to sit and wait. 

Android User - Pixel 4a5g - Android ver 12, Fitbit app ver 3.64 (36419051), Versa 2 firmware ver 35.72.1.19
Best Answer

I am having the same issue and went through all.the steps to troubleshoot and still no notifications.

Best Answer

I have followed every troubleshooting step to resolve and still no notifications. Seems to be an issue with the latest app version. Any idea when this will be resolved?

Best Answer
It's 100% a glitch in the upgrade which I wouldn't even call an upgrade because it's been nothing but problemsSent via the Samsung Galaxy A12, an AT&T smartphone
Best Answer

Went through basic troubleshooting again this morning to check, I'm at least getting call notifications, but no other notifications coming through. 

Really hope that they say something about this soon? Really annoying that they are ignoring what people say regarding what they have already done/tried, are making people jump through hoops, and not advising that this is a glitch/problem w/ the latest update. It's like they don't want to admit that this is something on THEIR side... 

As soon as I can get any other smart watch, I'm 100% leaving Fitbit behind. Their support and customer service is horrible! 

Best Answer

I have also stopped getting notifications (I do get incoming call notifications) on my versa 2. Tried all of the trouble shooting to no effect. Wish I would see that Fitbit is at least working on solving this issue. 

Best Answer

I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips that they have suggested. I still cannot get any notifications on my versa. I rely on those throughout the day to help me keep in touch with my teacher's.  Leaving notifications on my versa was one of the reasons I bought the versa. I would hate to leave fitbit because I absolutely love it, but if this can't get fixed I will go somewhere else.

Best Answer

Same here, I have tried everything, I'm gonna email the developers next. 

Best Answer

I emailed the developer about the problems after the recent update, maybe if everyone do the same they will fix it much more speedily. Go to Google play store, developer, email them. 

Best Answer
Everyone give the app 1 star until they fix this Everyone on the app page is bugging out lolSent via the Samsung Galaxy A12, an AT&T smartphone
Best Answer

I have tried all the steps listed above, as it appears everyone else has & I'm still having the same issue with my Versa2 as well. I will receive call notifications, after a big lag but I am not receiving any other notifications (text, email, social media). My Fitbit started having these issues after the latest update. Please let us know when this is being worked on, as I would love to continue my services with Fitbit. 

Thank you!

Best Answer

@Kinzey Hold the side button until the Fitbit logo pops up. You are restarting it, but not deleting any data

Best Answer

@SuperMr.M , @Dreadz17  it's most likely the bug in the latest Fitbit App, there is nothing you can do but make it worse by troubleshooting.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Same! I'm glad I'm not alone, I've been making myself crazy trying every troubleshooting task there is....nothing works...I sure hope Fitbit fixes this fast! I rely on being able to get notifications on my fitbit! 

Best Answer

It’s intermittent, I have to keep going into the Fitbit app and changing the notifications, I take off the notifications then sync Fitbit, turn them back on again and resync and it works for a while! 

Best Answer

@Bowgirl104- yours seems like a different issue of not syncing, because the Fitbit App is not running in background. Going in and manually syncing fixes the issue. Check your phone battery optimisation to make sure it's not shutting down the Fitbit App or Bluetooth.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg! 

I have been driving myself crazy trying to fix it.... I guess I will just have to wait and hope they fix it asap. 

Best Answer

No definitely running in the background, will have to see if it gets sorted soon 

Best Answer
I factory reset everything but then it just goes and downloads the latest updates again lmaoSo their is nothing wrong with your settings it's the new update and the app rating is getting destroyed on Google lol Sent via the Samsung Galaxy A12, an AT&T smartphone
Best Answer