Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stopped tracking sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

[update: this seems to have fixed itself, so not sure what was going on the last few days]

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me understand why my Versa has suddenly stopped tracking sleep. The last time it worked was Thursday. I noticed that the heart rate monitor has stopped working too, but after I turned it off and on the heart rate started working again but sleep is still no longer working. Is this a software issue? Will it be fixed in a new up date? Is this related to new watch faces and app updates failing work? Any advice in what direction to go would be great received. It’s still under warranty from where I purchased it but would prefer for this resolve this myself. 

Thank you. 

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56
When I called Fitbit about the issue the best they could tell me was that my phone was not compatible of fully compatible with the device and that that's why it wouldn't stay paired or track my sleep nap I got rid of it

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Hi. I have not had any sleep log on the versa for the past 2 nights. I use a samsung s8 and have had no issues before its just suddenly stopped working. I have tried to reset the versa, disconnected from the fitbit app and reinstalles... deleted the fitbit app and reinstalled...all to no avail. My partners is the same both stopped recording sleep on sunday evening. My phone is running on android 8 and my partners on s9 on android 9. Any advice?

Best Answer

Mine stopped two nites ago also.

Best Answer

My sleep tracker has not been working the past 2 out of 7 days I have owned the versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped as well, tried everything but the problem remains. what do we do?

Best Answer
Return it and go with something else I got the ticwatch that's compatible with any phone and does a heck of a lot more

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

I have an S8 also and mine stopped working a couple nights ago as well. I force stopped and reset with no results. But I just now went in and updated the app and it started working again for me. It's worth a shot. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, I just removed the device from the app and added it again, it worked.

Alina Cepeda
Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally got the heart rate back but not sleep. I restarted it and reset it, shut off my Apple phone, checked settings. I don’t know what to do next. The sleep feature is important to me. When it works all is great.

Help.

I have gone back to charging my old Charge which needs an update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa hasn't synced my sleep pattern since last Sunday night. I have tried rebooting the Fitbit and restarting my phone but still not syncing!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Remove the Fitbit form the app and set it up back. That did it for me

Alina Cepeda. Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine either! I have done everything the site says including deleting the app on my phone and reinstalling it. Still no go.

Patricia

Now I have been on a chat with the service people and it turns out that if your heart rate isn’t tracking it won’t track sleep. She had me turn the watch off (left and lower button until Fitbit symbol comes back then let go) and heart rate started. Now sleep should work.

Best Answer

That worked for me. Thanks.

Best Answer

Glad to hear.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same phone and no amount of reinstalling the app or restarting the Versa made any difference. This issue started just three days ago and I suspect a bad software fix either to the app or the backend systems are the root cause. 

Since sleep monitoring is a major reason I have used Fitbit over the years, it may be time to move to a different device.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You must restart the Versa. Once your heart rate works again it will also track sleep.

Patricia
Best Answer

Where did you see this was fixed? It's not fixed for many of us. Why do moderators do this? Please pay attention or don't comment at all. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue as well. Turning services on and off doesn't help. Resetting both devices didn't help. Connecting via Bluetooth has been an intermittent issue for a year at least and different phones and fit bit watches. They keep saying they fix it but there's still a large part of the community suffering from products that don't work. I wish they was some sort responsiblity on the company's part. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine didn’t track last night either. Which is a bummer because I love tracking my sleep and I woke up so many times throughout last night I wanted to see what my sleep looked like. I’ve tried resetting and deleting the Fitbit app. But I’m thinking it was because my HR wasn’t being tracked. I keep my Fitbit a notch looser when I sleep so maybe that’s why it wasn’t tracking? But I’ve always done it like that and have never had an issue. Oh well, I’ll see if it does it again tonight!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck.
Patricia
Best Answer
0 Votes