Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stopped working after swimming

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not happy with Fitbit versa. The product has water-resistant to 50 meters. My stop working after swimming. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @KclSoon. Welcome to the Community Forums. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments in regards to our products.

As a first approach, I'd recommend restarting your watch by following these steps How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the restart doesn't work, let's move forward with the steps below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. 
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there, @KclSoon. Welcome to the Community Forums. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments in regards to our products.

As a first approach, I'd recommend restarting your watch by following these steps How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the restart doesn't work, let's move forward with the steps below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of the above instructions you provided have worked.

Best Answer

Mine still does not work after the suggested troubleshooting. Very disappointed.

Best Answer

Never go swimming with a Fitbit device, they say they are water resistant but they are not. Each Fitbit I had busted after a swim, didn't matter if it was a clean pool, fresh water or salt water. 

They also will not help support wise, consider it busted and ask for a replacement, honestly this issue bugs me bc it's false advertising

Best Answer
Which versions have you had?

Pam Anderson
Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fitbit, got a replacement or upgrade to new model with 50% discount 
My smartwatch was less then 2 yrs old . 

Update: contacted Fitbit, got a replacement or upgrade to new model with 50% discount 
My smartwatch was less then 2 yrs old . 

Update: Fitbit versa 1

Best Answer

We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services into consideration.

@PamGalaxyS6 @KclSoon I've seen you both got in touch with our Support Team already. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back so they can continue assisting you. 

@Grizz_Bjorn Please know when a Fitbit device is deemed defective we review eligibility using the one year warranty option. For our full warranty terms and conditions, see our Return Policy and Warranty.

Our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can.

@Skburns I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my Versa 1 in 2019. This was the first time I ever put it in water. All I received was 34% off and a short sorry this happened but you are out of warranty. That’s a **ahem**ty way to keep customers with your company in my opinion. Trust me the first chance I get it’s going swimming and if it does the same thing I’m done with this company. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i will think if it is just over 2 years , fitbits would have honour it. I have given my replacement to my family and bought myself Apple Watch for swimming 

Best Answer
0 Votes