Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stopped working after swimming

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I took my versa 2 swimming for the first time and it logged my swim great. Later in the day it turned off so I thought the battery was dead. Left on charge overnight and it won’t turn on. I’m gutted as I loved it. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa before posting here. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

If your device got wet, it’s important to take it off and dry it well before putting it back on. On the other hand, if your device has come into contact with any liquid other than fresh water, you should clean it with fresh water and a soap-free cleanser and dry it with a lint free-cloth.

If you've done the above but to no avail, please try restarting your Versa. For instructions, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the restart doesn't work either and your watch hasn't vibrated for the restart process, I'd recommend trying the steps below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again.

If none of these steps work, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @SunsetRunner. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa before posting here. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

If your device got wet, it’s important to take it off and dry it well before putting it back on. On the other hand, if your device has come into contact with any liquid other than fresh water, you should clean it with fresh water and a soap-free cleanser and dry it with a lint free-cloth.

If you've done the above but to no avail, please try restarting your Versa. For instructions, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the restart doesn't work either and your watch hasn't vibrated for the restart process, I'd recommend trying the steps below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again.

If none of these steps work, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes