Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stops getting notifications each morning

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Versa this past weekend.  I like it, but it seems to be a little high maintenance on keeping the battery life reasonable.  However, there's one minor issue that keeps bugging me.

Every morning, after I take it off and put it back on AND enter my PIN code, I have to reset the watch (and enter PIN code again) before it will get my text and other notifications.  Otherwise, it just won't do it.  Granted, it's not a lot of hard work to reset it every day, but it is an annoyance that I could forget and then stop getting notifications that I need.  It's important to me to get notifications because I often can't feel my phone vibrate.  Is there any fix for this forthcoming?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hey @cdavida, welcome to the Fitbit forums! I think that maybe you have the pin code to unlock your Fitbit watch option as "enabled" which means that you have to enter it each time you put your watch on your wrist. To change the device lock setting, follow this: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon User-added image
  2. Tap or click Device Lock.
  3. Tap or click to change your device lock setting.
  4. Change it to Enabled for Fitbit Pay, which will work the first time you make a payment after your put your watch back on your wrist.  

If you still not getting notifications after those changes, I would suggest you to try to pair them again from the beginning by following the instructions in this help article.

Now in regards of the battery, with normal use it should last up to 4 days. If this isn't the case, I suggest you to take a look at the tips in this post to make the battery last longer. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually, the notifications don’t come even after I have entered the PIN. If I reset the device and then enter it again, notifications start working.

I changed clock faces and am watching my battery, and so far it is working better now. Just had a sudden 20% drain earlier in the week that I suspect was caused by something I had open in the Fitbit app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply and the update my friend @cdavida! Let me ask you this, did you try the instructions to re pair the notifications again as I suggested above? 'Cause you shouldn't reset your Versa everyday to get them. So if you haven't, please give it a try. You can take a look at the instructions in this help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit devi...

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your responses!

I did try having the device lock work only for Fitbit pay. This morning, my notifications continued to work. I’d prefer to be able to lock the whole device when I take it off, but I can live with this for now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @cdavida! Sounds good that your notifications are working as they should. Remember that if you have further questions or comments, you can let me know. I'll be glad to assist you. 😉 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes