Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa strap in swimming pool

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the lavender strap on my Fitbit versa. Can anyone tell me whether this will be colour fast to chlorine in the local swimming pool, or will the colour bleach out?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The woven straps are not recommended for use in a pool.

Here is what Fitbit says about the woven bands

FOR WOVEN BANDS:

• Wipe down the band with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. If needed, you can hand wash the band in cold water with mild soap, making sure to rinse thoroughly.
  • Let the band air dry. Direct sunlight, high temperatures and humid conditions can cause discoloration or damage over time.
  • The materials used in these accessories are intended to be worn during normal daily activity. They are not intended to be worn during high-intensity workouts or sleep, which could affect the overall appearance and quality of the accessory is maintained.
  • To minimize discoloration and damage to these bands, limit exposure to moisture and substances like perfume, insect repellent, oil, lotion or dyed materials like denim.
Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

The woven straps are not recommended for use in a pool.

Here is what Fitbit says about the woven bands

FOR WOVEN BANDS:

• Wipe down the band with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. If needed, you can hand wash the band in cold water with mild soap, making sure to rinse thoroughly.
  • Let the band air dry. Direct sunlight, high temperatures and humid conditions can cause discoloration or damage over time.
  • The materials used in these accessories are intended to be worn during normal daily activity. They are not intended to be worn during high-intensity workouts or sleep, which could affect the overall appearance and quality of the accessory is maintained.
  • To minimize discoloration and damage to these bands, limit exposure to moisture and substances like perfume, insect repellent, oil, lotion or dyed materials like denim.
Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for advising.  I'll be sure to change to the non woven strap before swimming.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa died after I swam with it in my backyard pool for the first time.  Dealing with customer service now.  For a watch that is supposedly designed for water use, I'm hesitant to get my next one wet at all.

Best Answer