Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stuck on blue diamond on screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, please could you help advise what I need to do. My watch has been working fine. But today I have a woken up to it stuck on a blue diamond on the front screen. When I log in to the app it saying it doesn’t detect my watch to sync. It is only just over a year old! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Hi @Rach_09  Try restarting it several times and seenif that snaps it out of it.

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thank you. I’ve tried that throughout today and no luck 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok One more thing to try before declaring it dead.

SEMI FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

If that doesnt fixmit you will need to contact Support and see if they can help you  

Contact Support

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@Rach_09 welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since it's stuck in the Fitbit logo and won't be recognized by your Fitbit app.

I'd like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if it got resolved after following the great troubleshooting steps that shared my friend @NellyG.

If you found her post helpful, please accept it as a solution so other users can find it easier.

As a side note, I'd like you to try changing the clock face to one developed by Fitbit, not a third party clock face and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep @NellyG and me posted on the outcome! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank You both for your reply. Unfortunately it hasn’t worked and still stuck on the screen showing the Fitbit logo of a diamond. The clock screen was already set as one developed by Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rach_09 thank you for getting back and trying the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any questions! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there 

My fitbit is doing the same, can you tell me if you managed to sort it please? Or did you have to return it?

Jo

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Joversa, thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community. Since you mentioned that your Fitbit Versa is also stuck on the Fitbit logo.

In order to fix this issue, I'd like you to try a factory reset. To do so on your device, follow the steps listed below:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. Set up your watch from scratch and see if the issue gets fixed

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my fitbit and reboot does not seem to work. Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Soccercoach13, thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community. Since you mentioned that your Fitbit Versa is still stuck on the Fitbit logo even after trying a reboot.

In order to avoid any confusion on my end, please let me know if you also tried the factory reset process that I shared above.

Looking forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! 

My Fitbit Versa is doing the same and I tried rebooting it and factory reseting but neither of these are working. I bought my Fitbit in April 2019 and its been working without any problems until now. It stopped working while I was sleeping which is weird. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too! And my versa 2, only has 1 side button!

I’m having same issue, cannot reboot b/c only 1 button not 3 on versa 2. Please advise

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Reneehuber Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community. Since you mentioned that your Fitbit device only have one button, please press and hold the button* for 10 seconds until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, and then release the button. After this, check out if the issue gets fixed.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa lite has really never worked. Not long after I bought it I went to change the clock face. That didn’t work. Then there was an update and when I tried to dl that, my Fitbit would try to but keeps getting bumped off. I thought it was my WiFi. We got a new WiFi provider and it still won’t download. It says it’s 2% downloaded, then it goes to transferring, switching to white diamond and the screen also starts to get covered in a light blue screen in background, then it says try again. So, it’s stuck on blue diamond. 

Best Answer

@SCav Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community. I totally understand how you feel since your Fitbit Versa Lite doesn't finish the firmware update and the screen gets stuck. By the way, thank you for trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

Please restart your watch as described in this help article. After this, try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help page. Finally, run the update again and see if the issue gets fixed and your watch works properly.

I hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this multiple times and my versa 2 will not reset itself. I also ran the battery completely out and then recharged it to see if it would reset itself. It did not. Blue fitbit logo regains on the screen. I have only had this watch 7 months.   Can you please send me to someone who can assist me?

Amberly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get your issue resolved Anberly111? Today out of the blue this exact thing started happening to me. Battery died, placed it on the charger and still can't turn it on. Contacted fitbit support and they said nothing more to trouble shoot and looking at my warranty options. I was really surprised there are no other options to try and get it to turn on!

Best Answer
0 Votes