Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stuck on installing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Downloaded software for Versa. While it was installing, the process froze. I have done the following to remedy the situation: turned Versa on and off, erased and re-loaded fitbit software on iPhone,   Turn phone on and off. Removed versa from Bluetooth discoverable list. No longer discoverable.  Disconnected all other Bluetooth devices from Phone. Nothing works because every time I turn watch back on again it returns the frozen installing state (loading bar still on screen) Can’t get help from Fitbit. Any suggestions? Is it possible to reset the Versa to factory settings using the buttons on the sides?

UPADTE April 21/18

So my latest Versa works fine...so far.  Did a FIIIT workout today and the watch handled it admirably. Fitbit pay works well, but so far in Canada, only the Royal Bank is on-board -- you can only store a credit card, not a debit card. The biggest pain has been replacing the watch strap, but it's a minor quibble.  Will update as necessary.

Best Answer
160 REPLIES 160

You probably don't want to hear this but I purchased mine at bestbuy. As someone who is tech savvy, I was afraid something like this would happen since this was Fitbit's first attempt at a real "smart watch." I'm starting to believe all of these devices are either defective lemons OR they have tons of programmatic issues on the back end, if not both. 

Best Answer
Make sure your new laptop you buy is compatible. Ours did not work. We need to use our old desktop. We are getting new phones but will use our old phones to update since we know those are on their  compatible list.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Wow, not good if you have to refer to your older pc to update. Fitbit did not do their research on this watch. I may but another apple computer and who knows if it'll work...lol.

Best Answer

@Laura005

Yeah, I can't try on my work computer, and it won't work on my home computer. (win10)

The one from FitBit is on it's way back to it's maker, and I plan on trying one more Versa through BestBuy, just to see if the first was a lemon, or poor product launch.

I see some theorizing that this is terrible, horrible, and a complete fail; however i have also read people posting success. So..  I figure, instead of dealing with FitBit, I will go through a retailer, with tech people on hand, and an easy method to switch to another brand if the FitBit doesn't do as advertised. (I read good things of Garmin, I will definitely be checking them out at BestBuy!)

Good luck!

Best Answer

Thanks, you too! Please let us know if the versa you buy at a retailer works for you!

Best Answer
I bought the one I have at Target. 🙂 lol
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's a great idea. I could give this a shot with the electronics people at Target.
Best Answer

Hello there Versa friends, I was reading you all have troubles updating your trackers. I can understand this might be a nuisance. In this case, if you haven't tried the original recommendation to perform a restart, please proceed to give it a try: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Now if the issue continues, perhaps the following article will provide more help: Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps and keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Same problem. Fitbit needs to get it together on their communication as they have a software problem

Best Answer

Got my Versa from Amazon yesterday sent it back today darn thing won't connect.

I wonder how many units I can go through with Amazon before FitBit will fix this issue?

Replacement is due tomorrow.

Thats one.............

Best Answer

I finally was able to update via WiFi. Bluetooth after two days was impossible at a snail's pace.

I switched my router to 2.4 GHz band, seems the Versa/Fitbit can't do 5 GHz.

Removed my screen timeout on my phone, left it on update screen.

Download took 20-30 minutes, installation a few minutes, and prior to sync completion my Versa was ready to go.

I hope future updates and downloads are easily done via BT, otherwise I'll have to do the band swap on my router more often than I'd like.

LG V20 w/Versa. Retired- Flex2
Best Answer

Ten days after I returned the Versa, the Fitbit "advocate" told me tonight by phone that they hadn't processed a replacement yet.  I asked for a refund.  He obliged.

So I ordered from Amazon, $17 cheaper (CAN) . Being delivered tomorrow before 9 p.m.

That'll be #2.  

Will let you know if I'm cured. Regards, Patient Zero.

Best Answer
The main reason I order from Amazon is the simplicty of returns. Most of
the time items are at a lower cost.
Best Answer

I went through the screens on my Versa device when I first got it. I have installed the fitbit app on my phone and synced via bluetooth multiple times. It says it synched, but everytime I go to the app, it says firmware updates are ready (the red download icon) and the Versa only ever displays the download the app text. I've done all the restart the app, restart the versa stuff. 

Neicole 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wifi - not bluetooth - is the way to go.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. But how do I get it to use wifi?

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, cannot set up device

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  I have been trying for 3 days.  I could totally cry out of frustration at this point.  Just tried again.  Made sure my watch was connected to wifi.  my phone has been stuck on the same screen for 2 hours saying setting up versa step 1 of 3 connecting........

Best Answer

The FitBit replacement seems to be doing as advertised.

I was finally able to get the "update" completed after I completed the WiFi connection.

Doing the "update" reminded me of the old Dial-up modem days. I believe Fitbit's update system suffers from data constipation.

Best Answer

Mine didn't take long to set up as long as you were connected to Wifi. 

Best Answer
0 Votes