Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa suddenly dead

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa suddenly died, no reaction to charge or reset. 

Best Answer
203 REPLIES 203
Hey there. Mine was a Versa, not the “2”.

Unfortunately mine couldn’t be fixed but Fitbit was kind enough to replace it for me. I would call customer service, they were very helpful.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

The three buttons are on the old Versa, not the Versa 2.

If they replace it for free I'd go for it.

Otherwise maybe try holding the one button down to see if it resets (maybe even a minute or two).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Am having the same issue. Tried holding the 3 buttons for 3 minutes (literally) and got nothing but the red empty battery icon with 0% flashing every so often. It’s actually at 58% and won’t charge. Happened from one minute to the next. Any other solutions? Thanks! 

Best Answer

I'm having a similar issue. Just out of warranty and the device quit working no matter which "fix" I apply. It seems to be a common issue after the last update, yet Fitbit won't take responsibility for it. It almost seems as if the latest update was meant to cause them to fail. 

Best Answer
Actually, once I got a hold of a person at Fitbit, they were quite accommodating. When nothing would work, they offered me a replacement, so I would have to say that I think they realize something was amiss (mine happened directly after the last update as well). Good luck and I hope everything works out!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody. It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community 

@RainierGirl, like mentioned by @cshelley, the steps mentioned above to perform a restart are intended to the Fitbit Versa. The Versa 2 can be restarted by following these instructions.

Since you have contacted Customer Support, I would recommend updating them to get further assistance.

@NAG88 @Ang1972, I'm glad to hear that your experience with Customer Support was great. Thank you for letting us know.

@cshelley, thanks for your comments.

@Kotterrock, I regret to hear that your issue wasn't resolved. Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I thought my fitbit was dead but this worked like a charm!

Thank you so much for this fix.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @ladyjustice7,

It's great to hear that you've been able to resolve the issue with your Fitbit Versa. Thank you for letting us know.

Feel free to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep same thing here. I have the versa special edition and I've had no issues with battery at all. Now out of nowhere after the update it does and wont respond to charge or reset. Its barely over 1 year warranty and low and behold there is nothing that can be done. But oooh we'll give you a discount in case you want to spend a bunch of money on another device that will break in little over a year 🙃

Best Answer
Did you put it on the charger for at least 30 minutes? Hear me out: it will look like absolutely nothing is happening (same dead screen), but it worked for me. I truly thought it would not do a thing, but it did, so it is worth a shot. You only lose 30 minutes, right? Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello i tried all the things listed above and my versa is not working. what should i do? i tried contacting support but it said there was an error. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rebekah888, I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Versa Special Edition doesn't respond to charge or reset. Thank you for letting us know that you've been in touch with Customer Support already. 

@Ang1972, thank you for letting us know how you've resolved the issue with your Fitbit Versa. I hope this helps other users experiencing the same problem.

@photoxliz, to evaluate your situation, I created a case with Customer Support. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Best Answer

After reading all the similar complaints about Versa suddenly not charging or turning back on as mine was doing, I tried the remedies mentioned.  Nothing helped.  Called Fitbit support, again tried the reset.  Did not work.  One month out of warranty and the only suggestion was to buy a new Fitbit.  $200 for a Fitbit that lasts 13 months and they only suggest purchasing another one.  From all the complaints it appears there is an inherent problem with the device and they do not stand behind their product.  Fitbit should be ashamed of themselves.  Truly deceptive company that is only concerned with sales and not recalling and replacing defective products.

Best Answer

your fix worked for me! Thnx!!!!

Best Answer

??? What fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Push all three buttons down at same time and screen will reappear and it
will begin charging.
Best Answer

Thank you so much.  Worked for me.

Best Answer

Tried that.  Didn't work.

Best Answer

Thanks so much! This worked 

Best Answer

Just curious can you get to about screen and tell us which OS version your Versa is running?  

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes