Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa suddenly dead

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa suddenly died, no reaction to charge or reset. 

Best Answer
203 REPLIES 203

Don't know how to get to about screen.  On my app the only thing I could find was firmware version 32.33.1.30.  The watch is totally dead. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine came back to life after I held all 3 buttons down for about 1.5
minutes. Good luck!
Best Answer

To get to the about screen you should be looking at your Fitbit.   Go to settings screen then scroll to the bottom.  

Sometimes I get things right

Best Answer
0 Votes

But my Fitbit is totally dead and will not charge.  Black screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried that.  Even held them for 3 minutes.

Best Answer

Thank you! I literally just tried your suggestion and now its powered on again magically....weird smh.

Best Answer

The press and hold the 3 buttons for 15 seconds worked for me. However, every time I turn it off, I have to do that (3 buttons) for turning it on. Only pressing the left button is not working anymore. I've already tried the factory reset and nothing changed.
Is anyone facing the same issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I also have to hold all 3 buttons down every time.  This all started after Fitbit's last firmware update.

Best Answer
Of screen is dead or black how can you see to scroll down?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't.  I can only open the Fitbit app on my phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

The about screen is located on the watch not on the app.  

Swipe left 2 times press "settings"  

Scroll down to the bottom and you will see "About" 

Hope that helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you let it charge overnight?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunriseRun441, thank you for your comments and for your time while dealing with this situation. We will continue working to improve the Fitbit experience.

@waoclt @rjscoots @Tonyamerritt @Yg280, I'm glad to hear that you've resolved the issue with your Fitbit Versa. Thank you for letting us know.

@Cybdiver, thank you for your support.

@marcelgdc @cshelley, this issue has been reported to our team which is currently working on a resolution. In the meantime, we recommend turning on Do Not Disturb on the watch instead of turning it off. For more information, please visit this article.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes
You're welcome! Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

No issues now, thank you Fitbit Community!!!!

Best Answer

My Versa Fitbit has died.

The battery went down to 0% yesterday so I have recharged it this morning but the screen is now blank and the watch itself is very warm.

I have tried to reset it by holding all 3 buttons. Nothing happened.

I have also tried to hold the back and top buttons until I felt it vibrate but nothing has appeard on the screen.

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit through facebook messager and then they emailed me. They are replacing my fitbit but I had to send the faulty one back first. This must be a common problem with the Versas. I hope you get the same result from Fitbit. I am very impressed with their service, was thinking about getting another brand but they have been great so hopefully the replacement one doesn't have the same problem. Good luck!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Were you still in your warranty.  My warranty expired a month before.

Best Answer

I followed your instructions.  It did what you said it would.  It's now on the charger charging, where it wouldn't do that before.  Thank you.  Will let you know if it works for me once charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should only need to hold 2 buttons to reboot a Mk1 Versa if it's crashed while shutting down.  The left button and lower right for 10 seconds.

Turning off the Fitbit doesn't work anymore since the firmware update months ago.  It crashes while shutting down and still uses battery.  The 2 button salute reboots it.

If the battery goes flat naturally (ie. you didn't have a charger) it tries to shut itself down with the same outcome. Putting it on the charger DOES NOT make it vibrate, but leave it for 20 minutes or so and reboot it by holding Left+LowerRight.

Best Answer
0 Votes