Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa suddenly dead

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa suddenly died, no reaction to charge or reset. 

Best Answer
203 REPLIES 203

I tried all of these steps and nothing worked. My screen went black 2 days ago after glitching in and out for about an hour. I tried to charge it on the original charger and I have no screen light and no green light on the back. I tried all the tips noted in this thread and nothing works. My Fitbit is a year-and-a-half-old so will they not replace it?

Best Answer
No. They will not replace it. I'm quite disappointed in Fitbit. It's quite
obvious they have problems with their products. It's awful yours went
black, too.

They will offer a 25%discount on a new item!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started working again so I did the reboot to get rid of the last update.  Heart rate didn't come back.  I don't know why the Versa has these problems because I have 2 older Fitbits that work fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try the steps again and put it on the charger.  Leave it be for a bit and watch.  Mine started working again after I did that.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa suddenly died today, screen black.  I know it is fully charged.

I tried to restart it holding the three buttons. Then I tried logically each set of buttons in every combination but nothing worked, still black screen.

If I place it in the charging cradle after a while a Red battery sign appears filling the Whole screen with 0%.  Next the Fitbit logo appears, then it buzzes & switches off again. Then the Full screen will appear for a few seconds Confirming 100% charged and Then goes black again. If I take it out of the charger the screen is still black and there are no lights from the HR monitor on the back.

Luckily I have 2 years warranty, how do I get help to resolve or replacement Thank You.

died today, screen black.  I know it is fully charged.

I tried to restart it holding the three buttons. Then I tried logically each set of buttons in every combination but nothing worked, still black screen.

If I place it in the charging cradle after a while a Red battery sign appears filling the Whole screen with 0%.  Next the Fitbit logo appears, then it buzzes & switches off again. Then the Full screen will appear for a few seconds Confirming My stats and showing it is 100% charged and Then goes black again. If I take it out of the charger the screen is still black and there are no lights from the HR monitor on the back. 

Luckily I have 2 years warranty, how do I get help to resolve or replacement Thank You.

Best Answer

Mine has been dead for 4 days now, I've tried two button reset, three button reset and left it on charge overnight, going to give customer services a ring in the morning but not hopeful as its 15 months old so out of warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely give Customer Service a call or email.

Mine was 18-24 months old and no joy with all the community suggestions.

Fitbit offered to provide me same model replacement free (albeit colour
range limited) or upgrade to Versa 2 at 50% reduction. The 50% I think was
going to be on rough purchase price at time of my original purchase. So not
sure what the shortfall would have been but a fair resolution in my eyes.

Cheers

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Over the last few days, I noticed my Versa needed to be charged more frequently. Then the time lagged by a couple hours and it started reflecting a fast heart rate when I wasn’t doing anything. I synced it last night at 10 p.m. and today it’s dead. Zip. Nothing I’ve read on this thread and tried has worked. It’s 18 months old. This should not be happening. Will not replace it. I’ve lost confidence in Fitbit. Moving on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my Fitbit Versa 2 also died, and I am trying everything I can to reset it but my phone can not search versa to connect for restart...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa screen went black today around noon. I assumed it died, so I put it on the charger. It booted to the fitbit logo, vibrated, and went dark. It seems to be power cycling and going through a start-up/shut down sequence repeatedly. I have been able to use the screen if it's docked, but as soon as I take it off the charger, it goes black again. It shows 100% charged and is syncing to my phone. I tried forcing a shutdown and factory reseting but nothing is working. Customer service just gave me the "we have limited resources at this time" response when I tried to chat so I figured I'd message the forum because I saw people were getting responses. I'll probably have to call tomorrow. 

Best Answer

This is exactly what happened to mine. I eventually took it back to the
store I bought it from and they have started the warranty process for me-
they will likely just replace with a new one.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I have contacted Fitbit and as mine is still under 2 year warranty they say they will replace it. 
Now waiting for replacement but as it was a limited edition colour way not sure if Fitbit will still have it in stock. The closest replacement Both functionally and appearance would be the purple plum with rose gold aluminium Versa 2. The Fitbit Chat representative said they would. Let’s see if Fitbit uphold this, they should.

Top Tip : Always buy with 2 year warranty. 

Best Answer

Use Chat online with Fitbit. They were very helpful. 

If the Fitbit really is dead and it’s still under warranty/guarantee Fitbit have to replace it.

we have the sales of goods act in the UK, the device failing makes it unfit for purpose. If it fails under warranty Fitbit or who ever the guarantee is lodged with, are legally bound to replace it with a minimum of like for like device where you The customer are not disadvantaged by the replacement.

if you are in warranty my experience is you should find Fitbit readily adhere to this. It just depends under what terms you bought the device. Good Luck 

Best Answer

I too experienced this happening to my versa Fitbit. Each time I have to go to the community to find an answer. This is my fourth Fitbit and each of the other 3 have just died without explanation right during the month I  can't get them replaced anymore. I really am fed up but I can't get an apple watch because I have an Android phone. These Fitbits are also not the best for Android phones as 3/4 of the time I don't receive any phone or text notifications. I go into settings and reset it constantly but it only works for a few days and then it doesn't. This bug needs to be fixed pronto! I definitely am not happy with Fitbit products as any time I have called to express displeasure they offer me only 20 % off a new one. Wow! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm done buying fitbits

From ibillen ,,,,,Sent via the Samsung Galaxy s10+
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me as well! Still not working. *sigh*

Best Answer
So after working through reset options, charging point cleaning and
recharging options with the Fitbit customer service team to no avail they
are supplying me with a replacement as purchased in the UK and so subject
(for the time being at least) to european warranty support which is two
years from purchase. Very relieved and await my new versa soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just happened to mine today. It was acting funny, the screen inputs didn’t work, or worked intermittently last night, the battery was at about 20%, so I put it on the charger overnight and now it’s unresponsive. I tried the holding down all three buttons trick, it’s worked before, but no such luck this time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am so sorry.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to mine yesterday too.  I was going to buy a new fibit as I do like it but after reading all these comments about others having the same problem then maybe I will just throw Fitbit by the wayside.

Best Answer