Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa suddenly stopped tracking my exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

whenever I do Pilates or yoga 

I set my versa on pilates mode or yoga mode 

however every 30minutes my versa lost track on my exercise and suddenly stop tracking exercise

It is very annoying 

how can I solve this problem....

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hi @huyry, good to see you around in the Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response and I'm wondering how often is this happening? Is this issue persisting only with these two exercise or is in general with all your activities?

Perhaps performing a restart will help you to address this issue. For additional help, please review this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

See you until the next opportunity and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I have the same problem with mine. I do crossfit and I take brisk walks on alternate days. It does not matter which exercise option I choose it always stops recording the exercise at some point during the exercises. I even tried letting it pick up the exercises on it's own but it is not accurate. It also restarts periodically for no reason and vibrates every jow and then for no reason? I loved my Charge 2 HR but not loving this one so far. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem as well....sometimes while I'm hiking or riding the bike or whatever, I look down to see the mileage and instead of seeing the mileage I am back at the home screen and there is no record of the 10 miles I've just ridden or whatever.  Very annoying

Best Answer

Same problem with walking, it's fine until I'm almost done and then the walking readout is blank as if I never took a step. I rebooted Versa THREE times so no one can tell me this isn't a FLAW in the Versa.

I wish I hadn't wasted $300 on useless device.

I know the moderators will delete this because they don't want any one reporting any problems that can't be blamed on the customer

Best Answer

I saw in another thread that changing the settings of the versa to not auto sync all day was a fix and I tried that -- have not had it crash since. I think that was a week ago.  I don't see any difference in having this setting on or off -- my watch didn't actually update the phone/website data until I opened the app on my phone anyway so I don't know what that auto sync all day was supposed to be getting me.  try turning that off.

Best Answer

Hello, I had same issue today where I was tracking my run and was fine first 20 minutes or so. Then stopped and went to the homepage. Weird because it picked up steps and heartrate but the exercise not. I restarted the versa twice and no luck...

Best Answer

OMG I am so mad at Fitbit today i feel like never owning another product.  I had nothing but issues with my FItbit Iconic which I had for about a year, it would randomly stop tracking during excercise and it was really temperamental to charge. It was the 4th fitbit watch that I had owned and the only advanced one at that too, i'd never had any issues with my previous models.   Anyway due to the Iconic being rubbish I got a Versa for Christmas.  I couldn't have been happier until this week, charges well, responds nicely, etc etc and then twice this week it has stopped tracking whilst using the treadmill excercise. I am really annoyed as i need it to track the information and it only goes and looses it. It starts of well and then all of a sudden decides to reboot out of nowhere, doesn't save anything and then just goes back to the main clockface. 

I shouldn't have to go through constant troubleshooting  and resetting like i did with the Iconic, there is no point owning a watch you have to reboot every morning.  I will wait and see what happens this week but i am less than impressed right now.

Best Answer

I am having this issue just started this past week.  I was working fine until now it just stops

Best Answer

I have the same problem tracking my morning walk. I usually walk for anywhere between 45mins - 1hr with my dog first thing in the morning just after 5am and Versa does not recognise this as exercise, just counts the steps. When I walk again in the afternoon for up to 30mins it recognises this as exercise, any ideas why as it is so frustrating!! I’ve had that many issues with my Versa lately considering going to another product.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem... at the gym in the middle of a workout I look at my versa to see my heart rate and it’s back to the home screen!  SO annoying!

What is the solution??  I see lots of people having this problem but no solution.

Best Answer

I experienced the same issue today. My Versa has quit tracking walking intervals greater than 15 minutes as exercise. The Versa records the steps, and activity yet not exercise. Will there be an update to fix this? Performed a shut down and restart on the device with no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Snap ... just got the same issue . So annoying . Have you sorted yours yet ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to reboot my versa and it's been fine for a while. Then just
yesterday it did it again!
Rebooted again, fingers crossed.
Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks ... I’ve just reinstalled the app and done a factory reset on the Versa and all appears well . Time will tell 🙂 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife's versa 2 does this. I'm considering Turing off auto recognize. Wondering if other settings conflict.

The watch constantly says connecting during the exercise when no Bluetooth device is near. Why would it keep doing that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine seems to have sorted itself . It takes a few seconds to connect  to phone Bluetooth but then it’s fine . Hope you get yours sorted as it’s very annoying Lloyd

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Done 3 restarts works one day will recognise yoga and swim no walk

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same prob

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all these solutions recognises for one day will recognise swm and yoga but not walk

Best Answer
0 Votes