Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa synced but not receiving notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My phone and Versa are actively syncing but I am not receiving any notifications. The fitbit app does not give options to turn notifications on or off for messaging, phone calls, email, or my calendar. Bluetooth is connected, do not disturb is not enabled, and all my app notifications are turned on on my phone. I've gone through the troubleshooting guides and can't figure this out.

Best Answer
284 REPLIES 284

Agreed. This is my fourth Fitbit, and the only one that has ever has issues. I am so sick of it and customer service doesn’t help. Tired of calling them.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @Mrselh Thanks for sharing your help on this thread.

@Aditya98 @alexapia1 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Make sure the notifications are "on" on your watch by pressing and holding the left button to get access to those settings. If you keep experiencing the same, try these troubleshooting steps. Please note that we already send your reports to the Fitbit team and will let you know once there are updates. @car123 

@KentuckyHouse Thanks for sharing your experience on this thread. Sorry to see you go.

@PeaceBunny It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! I'm glad you were able to find some help on this thread. 

@stevejd @spin0611 Thanks for contacting customer support regarding this. What workaround did they provided to you? I have sent your reports to the Fitbit team and will let you know once there is any updates about this. 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
I’ve tried all these proposed solutions many times without success. Every time I mention the problem, the same proposed solutions are recommended. PLEASE, PLEASE, if someone has a new idea, share. Stop telling me to turn on the “Notifications” on my watch by holding the left button for 3 seconds. Stop telling me to turn my iPhone on and off. Stop telling me to turn on “notifications” on my iPhone and the Fitbit app. Stop telling me to “forget this device” and reload the app. NONE OF THESE THINGS WORK.

Sorry for the rant, but I getting increasing frustrated as you can tell.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

AGREED! I get the same things over and over again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sometimes a rant is good. Maybe your Fitbit is defective. Best to you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@stevejd wrote:
I’ve tried all these proposed solutions many times without success. Every time I mention the problem, the same proposed solutions are recommended. PLEASE, PLEASE, if someone has a new idea, share. Stop telling me to turn on the “Notifications” on my watch by holding the left button for 3 seconds. Stop telling me to turn my iPhone on and off. Stop telling me to turn on “notifications” on my iPhone and the Fitbit app. Stop telling me to “forget this device” and reload the app. NONE OF THESE THINGS WORK.

Sorry for the rant, but I getting increasing frustrated as you can tell.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

@stevejd And @spin0611 I understand both of you being upset about the situation however, apart from the moderators (which I am not) we are just Joe public trying to help out with their experiences. Getting annoyed at us is counterproductive, and doasn’t help anyone least of all you. I am sorry we couldn’t help and also appreciate that your situation is obviously different but we aren’t to know this. I do hope you both get your Fitbit sorted. Good luck to you both. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, I hope you are doin' great! 

@spin0611 and @stevejd,  I really appreciate the time you have taken to tried all the troubleshooting suggested. It seems that you already contacted our Support team as well, so, in this case I can only recommend you to contact them again and let them know what you've tried and since the issues persist, maybe they can take a look into other options to get you back on track. 

@PeaceBunny, thanks for your participation here in the Community! 

@SunsetRunner, if you have any other comments, feel free to keep us posted. 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this - Couldn't find this option on my Versa anywhere!

Star!

Best Answer

@AndyManley wrote:

Thanks for this - Couldn't find this option on my Versa anywhere!

Star!

Glad I could help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @AndyManley! Sounds great that the tips posted along this thread, helped you out. I hope they can also help other users out. If you have further questions or comments, keep us posted! 

Thanks for your participation @SunsetRunner! 

Happy stepping guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Versa still does not receive messages or email from my iPhone 8. None of the post recommendations worked for me. I contacted Fitbit tech support several times to no avail. They stated my issue would be escalated to a higher level and someone would contact me. That was weeks ago, and no one has contacted me.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Steve
Best Answer

@stevejd wrote:
My Versa still does not receive messages or email from my iPhone 8. None of the post recommendations worked for me. I contacted Fitbit tech support several times to no avail. They stated my issue would be escalated to a higher level and someone would contact me. That was weeks ago, and no one has contacted me.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Steve

I've contacted them too with the same issue (that I've griped about above). They just said they were "working hard" to get a resolution and that it would be fixed in a future update. 

I'm done with Fitbit. I've already moved on to other wearables and I seriously doubt I'll be back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try “AmazFit Bip” Smartwatch. 1/4 the price, all the bells and whistles, battery lasts 30 DAYS, and tech support is excellent.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Steve
Best Answer

@stevejd wrote:
Try “AmazFit Bip” Smartwatch. 1/4 the price, all the bells and whistles, battery lasts 30 DAYS, and tech support is excellent.

Steve

Wish you well with your new smart watch and hope you never have issues with it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, I hope you are doin' fine! 

@stevejd and @KentuckyHouse, I appreciate you have taken the time to contact our Support team, for further help and is sad to see you leaving because Fitbit didn't meet your expectations. Please keep in mind that you can return if you have further questions or comments. We will be happy to assist you. 

@SunsetRunner, yes, that would be awesome! 

Have a nice day folks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I like the style of the Versa and will gladly return to Fitbit once they produce a product that works as advertised.

Steve
Best Answer

@LS643 wrote:

So after an hour or so I got it to work, before you do the step that @Staci24 added, unpair the versa and shut off the blue tooth, restart the Phone and the Versa then reconnect everything, my is working as of now.

Thanks!! @LS643 ---- I started having the same problem everyone else was describing in this thread, and your solution was the one that worked!

Versa 4 through a Motorola Razr 2023 // Retired Charge 5, Blaze, Versa and Charge HR // Fitbit Fan since 2016, 50+ pounds lost
Best Answer
0 Votes

Now give it a few hours to a day or two and they'll stop again. The "fixes" in this thread are just temporary fixes. 

The issue is software related and won't be fully fixed until Fitbit decides to release an update. Judging by the nearly 2 months they've known about this and failed to do anything about it, I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @KentuckyHouse and @stevejd, thanks for your participation here. I totally understand how you feel, I appreciate your feedback. These comments are pretty valuable for us as they help us out to know which areas need to be improved. 

@tractorlegs, thanks for the update! Sounds great that the tips in this thread helped you out to solve your issue. 

Have a nice day guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! So simple and yet ...not mentioned anywhere else! 🙏 

Best Answer
0 Votes