Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa synced but not receiving notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My phone and Versa are actively syncing but I am not receiving any notifications. The fitbit app does not give options to turn notifications on or off for messaging, phone calls, email, or my calendar. Bluetooth is connected, do not disturb is not enabled, and all my app notifications are turned on on my phone. I've gone through the troubleshooting guides and can't figure this out.

Best Answer
284 REPLIES 284

If it’s the notifications on your Fitbit have you tried pressing the left button (one on it’s own) till a screen comes up with Screen wake and Notifications option on. I found this was my issue as the notifications weren’t switched on. Once I did that it has been fine. Simple solution but not really advertised well as Fitbit usually go down the whole reset option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!  I was starting to go crazy thinking my Fitbit was broken.. Nope - notifications were just off. 

Moderator Edit: Format 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did everything suggested, still won’t receive notifications. Even tried “forget this device”. No luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad I could help!

Hev
Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you tried the left button on the Fitbit? It brings up a notification option. Mine was switched to off

Hev
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:
Have you tried the left button on the Fitbit? It brings up a notification option. Mine was switched to off

Hev

Not sure if you are replying to me, but yes I have made sure the notifications are on. Still only occasionally works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. It’s “on”

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Worked fine when I first got the Versa. Now, very frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh sorry, have you contacted Fitbit themselves? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t know whether you realised your address is coming up when you post on here! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Jenny Tran
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m just double checking that you’ve updated the Fitbit and your phone? There have been new updates for Fitbit and iOS recently.

As well as, have you tried turning off your Fitbit and your phone?

If nothing is working, you should contact Fitbit customer service.

Jenny Tran
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes tried all of this. No success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bah. I always thought I was tech-savvy. Holding the single left button for a few seconds and actually turning ON notifications helped. Thank you to those who suggested this “fix”. The one thing I overlooked thinking surely I wasn’t that stupid to not have it turned on. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope. Tried that, and every other solution recommended in the blog, and even tried calling tech support. (They were very nice by the way). I sent them screenshots of my settings. Still no solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I shouldn't have to reboot my Fitbit daily to get notifications. It should just work. It did before. It's infuriating. I owned the blaze for 3 years and it worked--and the one time it didn't, the replaced it no questions. I bought the Versa on the day it came out and have had it replaced once because it hasn't worked and this was after losing my mind for a while. It is asinine dealing with this company--its probably time for an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

Agreed! I am having the same issue. My versa has been replaced and I am having the same issues as I did with the first one. This is my 4th Fitbit, and the only one that has ever given me problems. So disappointed.

FYI Fitbit: having us reset the devise every time we contact you is beyond infuriating. 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

I get your frustration. I moved from an Apple Watch to Fitbit as according to my Apple Watch I was dead! I didn't register a heart beat at all. I started with the Charge and did like that but when they brought out the Versa I thought yes this is just what I needed! Then I couldn't get the notifications to work and was really frustrated!  I tried all the turn off and back on re-boot malarky and was about to give up when I read somewhere about the left hand button brining the notifications toggle up! I pressed it and low and behold it was turned off! I turned it on and have had no issues with mine since. I really do hate the watch strap mechanism though. They really messed up there!! I hope you get yours sorted soon.

Hev

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the support. Unfortunately, when I push the left button the notifications are turned on.

As I type this, I got a text message and no notification on my Versa. 

Of the aproxímate 20 texts I have received today, only 2 have popped up on my Versa. Furthermore... there are two old notification I can’t clear from the Versa. So annoyed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aww that sucks! It's so annoying when you find what seems to be the perfect product and then it doesn't do what you want it to! Hope you get things sorted.

Best Answer
0 Votes