Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa synced but not receiving notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My phone and Versa are actively syncing but I am not receiving any notifications. The fitbit app does not give options to turn notifications on or off for messaging, phone calls, email, or my calendar. Bluetooth is connected, do not disturb is not enabled, and all my app notifications are turned on on my phone. I've gone through the troubleshooting guides and can't figure this out.

Best Answer
284 REPLIES 284

@acegnar wrote:

Literally my lifesaver!! I tried EVERYTHING else several times..even on the phone with fitbit couldn't figure it out... so simple...Easy fix!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

You are welcome

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @stevejd and @KentuckyHouse! Sorry to hear you go. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. I'll be willing to help! 

Hello @Mrselh! To disable the responses you're getting from this thread, please follow the steps I've shared here. Hope that helps!

Hey there @LS643! I've seen that you got in touch with our Support Team recently. If you're having some issues after the steps you've tried with them, please reply back to your support case. Our team will be more than glad to further assist. 

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @mrcldavies! Thanks for sharing the third-party app that has worked for you. I recommend taking a look at: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

It's nice to have a new member around @STARR9514 and @acegnar! I'm glad to hear you're back on track!

Hi @Lee819! Please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Versa and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device" or "Unpair".

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. 

Thanks for helping out @SunsetRunner! 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have it on and still no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Versa12356788! Is the phone you're syncing with included at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?  Note that the devices on that article have been confirmed as fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device. 

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

If your mobile phone is included, but it's not syncing/getting your notifications, please make sure to follow the troubleshooting steps at: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

Hope this helps, keep me posted! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Note 9. Notifications worked when I first got the Versa at Christmas, but then an update was forced through on my phone and they stopped working. About a month later they worked again but of course my phone updated yesterday and back to no notifications despite all of the troubleshooting efforts. This is getting to be ridiculous! The Note 9 is a supported device according to the list. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold down the left hand but for a couple seconds then look and see if
notifications are on, sometimes it randomly shuts off that's what happens
to me
Best Answer
0 Votes

Staci24 you are my hero!!! I've tried everything and finally my notifications work! Thank you 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m using iPhone 8 which is supported. I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting recommended solutions. My Fitbit still doesn’t receive notifications from my phone except a couple of times a week.

* YES my iPhone is in close proximity to my Fitbit Versa
* YES the “notification” feature is “on”

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Leicag65 and @stevejdI went ahead and created a case for you with our Support team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Hi @bjw76! I'm happy to hear that the steps provided by @Staci24 worked for you. Woman Very Happy

Hello there @acegnar! Thanks so much for your input and for helping out.

Have a nice day guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Hey there @Leicag65 and @stevejdI went ahead and created a case for you with our Support team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account.

Hi @bjw76! I'm happy to hear that the steps provided by @Staci24 worked for you. Woman Very Happy

Hello there @acegnar! Thanks so much for your input and for helping out.

Have a nice day guys! 

Can you open a support case for me as well? I've been griping about this notification issue for months as well and chat support has been useless. Like others, my notifications are turned on via the left menu screen and I'm using a supported phone (though I still maintain that's a preposterous excuse for notifications not to work), yet my notifications continue to stop working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! My fitbit versa notification just stops working all of a sudden and I have to restart the device to get the notification back on every single day! I have checked everything and it happens for months already...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Under the notifications (in the fitbit app) do you have the Fitbit Notifications Services ON.  Once I turned this ON the notification screen with calls, text messages, calendar events, Emails etc, came up.  Plus, you can do a test of the notifications.  In the upper right corner are the 3 blue dots, touch them to bring down the menu and you will see SEND A TEST CALL NOTIFICATION.  With this test you should get a call notification.  I hope this helps.

MRSPIZ

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG, I feel like an idiot now.  Thank you so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I have it on. I guess I have a defective Versa.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dpittard wrote:

OMG, I feel like an idiot now.  Thank you so much.

Don’t worry, I was exactly the same 🤣

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KentuckyHouse! I've seen that you got in touch with our Support Team. As you were told after troubleshooting this issue with them, we’re aware of the issue, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated. 

Hello @car123! I'm sorry to hear this is still happening. Please make sure to follow the tips and recommendations provided at: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Thanks so much for sharing what worked for you @MRSPIZ! These steps helped @DpittardSmiley Very Happy

Hello @Leicag65! I've seen that you got in touch with our Support Team after posting here. I'm happy to hear they were able to help. 

Hey @SunsetRunner! Thanks for being around. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a 3 pack from Amazon and they fit fine with my Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums my friend @chellebelle37! Awesome! Smiley Very Happy I'm glad to hear your new bands from Amazon fit fine with your Fitbit Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was my issue! What the heck?!  2 days of trying to mess with it and it was that simple!  LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

So glad it worked @ACob86 

Best Answer
0 Votes