Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa touchscreen issues and frequent restarts by itself

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa is constantly restarting by itself and the touchscreen is buggy, but almost never works anymore.

It was working fine for about a year until recently I noticed it was restarting by itself. The touch screen was also extremely buggy, I would touch an icon and a completely different icon would get selected (see link below), but most of the time it is completely unresponsive. I attempted contacting support and they had  me perform a factory reset. That didn't help and they said well since you've owned it more than one year, it's out of warranty so here's a discount on a new one. I'm sorry but I expect something this simple to work well beyond the one year mark.

I've done several factory resets since, each time performing the initial set up, during which the touchscreen works fine. It's only after completing the set up and a little time passes that the restarts begin again and the touchscreen stops working.

This leads me to believe this is a software issue, perhaps a recent update, unfortunately, it forces the update as soon as you set it up after a factory reset.

Has anyone else had similar issues and resolved them successfully? I'd hate to give up on the platform, but if I can't rely on my device, it's not worth the aggravation.

See the buggy touchscreen here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/yKtAJfxuYd31SmwC8

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I've had my versa for under a year and it worked well up until a few weeks ago when it started being buggy. The screen would light up randomly and kept on changing icons, swiping side to side on its own.  When I tried to select an icon it would keep swiping or select a different icon. As if it had a mind of its own, kept on doing that for a while. Then I did both a regular restart and a few factory resets and nothing helped. It went back to normal for an hour or so and then back to being buggy again. Now it completely died on me and won't even turn on or display anything, even though the battery is full (connected to  charger) I don't know what to do.... any suggestions are appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes