Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa tracked 25k steps while I was asleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I woke up this morning I saw that somehow my fitbit added 25,000 steps in a 15min period while I was asleep. Why did this happen and how do I remove them?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @JMZ1977, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared. For a better understanding of the issue you're experiencing, can you please clarify if the step count change on the Fitbit app or your Versa? When was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? Only steps are being affected or other stats too? In the meantime I receive your answers, please restart your Versa and delete the steps that were erroneously added following the steps that are specified on this help article. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the original Versa. I have reset both my fitbit and my cell phone and re-download the app. I tried logging in to the fitbit site and my dashboard to try to delete the steps but they don't show up as an added activity. They just show up as steps during a 15min period that I was sound asleep. From what I can tell it's only that one time it did it...but 25,000 steps haha. I would have had to had run a half marathon in 15 min to get that amount of steps. 

.and in 15min no less. Since the steps were added while I was sleeping I couldn't see the actual step count on my fitbit from the previous day. I know today when I look at my fitbit and swipe up it shows for today I have 6500 steps but on the watch face and app I only show about 1500. I have tried resetting my fitbit again and still it shows the different numbers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just looked at the app and it did it again. This time from 0300-0315 it added 5000 steps and I certainly wasn't running haha. Kinda frustrating.

Best Answer

Your reply is appreciated @JMZ1977.

Thanks for the details that were shared with me, seems odd that your Versa is recording such amount of steps while you're asleep. For me to further investigate, can you please let me know if other stats are also being affected or just the step count? Do you sleep wearing your Versa or do you leave it in a drawer? To delete the steps from your account, please follow the next steps:

1. Tap the Today tab.
  2. On the Exercise tile , tap the + icon > Log or Log Previous.
  3. Choose Driving as the exercise type. Make sure the exercise details overlap with the time period your device logged the unwanted steps or floors.
  4. Tap Add or Log it. Your steps, floors, and calories burned will decrease for the time period you specified.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer

Mine just did the same added 153000 ,I've no idea how to remove them as advise given in your question doesn't work for me either 🤔😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi dear didn't work for me this trick, no idea how to remove 153000 steps from my day🤭

Best Answer
0 Votes

I logged into my dashboard on the website and it will not allow me to delete those steps. They aren't showing as an added activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I managed to sort it out like guy suggested put exact time for driving then
it cancelled all thoes steps . But all badges stayed on..
Best Answer
0 Votes

I managed to sort it out, put exact time as driving and will cancel thoes steps, but all my badges stayed on lol

Best Answer

When I had that problem, I checked the refrigerator and sure enough, the chocolate cake was missing.

Just say'n.

LOL

just kidding and yes, I could NOT resist.  😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the fixed and nothing works. When I log into my dashboard on the fitbit website the steps are not showing as an activity for me to change. I entered the time of driving for the same duration as the steps and they did not delete. It did it again this morning....while I was still asleep. It shows that at 0610 I walked 11,186 steps and also shows that I was sleeping till 0612am..... My Fitbit shows accurate step count of 1,706 as of now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here and it keeps happening almost every week. I now got a badge for walking 40k steps in a day because it logged 28k steps just during the night.

Very annoying and none of the fixes worked for you?

Best Answer