Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa tracking sleep when I'm not sleeping

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit versa track my sleep even if I am not sleeping and Also its tracking it when I am not wearing it 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hey @Aashiyana, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy Ok, to start, I'd like to explain how Fitbit devices detect your sleep. Autodetection is based on your movement. When you haven’t moved for about an hour, your device assumes that you’re asleep. Additional data—such as the length of time your movements are indicative of sleep behavior (such as rolling over, etc.)—help confirm that you’re asleep. Morning movement tells your tracker that you’re awake. If you’re not moving but not asleep for long periods of time it’s possible for your tracker to falsely record sleep, in which case you can delete the sleep log from your history. To delete a sleep log, follow these instructions: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the sleep tile. This is the tile that says "How did you sleep?" or, if you tracked sleep the night before, shows how many hours and minutes you slept.
  2. Swipe left on the log you want to erase, then tap Delete.

Now, in regards of the sleep tracked when you were not even wearing your Versa, I would suggest you to try to restart it by following these instructions.  

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recieved my Luxe a little over a week ago. Three or four times now it records me sleeping when I am not - I am actually up and pacing around and/or gesticulating wildly on corporate America Zoom calls. The other day it claimed I spent 90 minutes sleeping when I was actually making fajitas. I can easily delete the recording but is this a known bug? 

Best Answer
0 Votes