Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa tracks calories incorrectly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I did my regular exercise routine 30 minutes on the elliptical and approx 30 minutes weights. I did the same routine on Thursday. Thursday I did 35 minutes weights, burned 261 calories. Today I did 31 minutes and burned 123 calories. Even accounting for the 4 minutes more, and maybe a tiny difference in the routine, it shouldn't be halved. What could be the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Did you track them manually or letting it auto-recognize exercise?

Were weights and elliptical separated and 2 separate exercise sessions?

For any calorie questions, my first look is at heart rate during the workouts to see if they seem reasonable.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I activated the specific training types on both types of exercise - I always do, so no difference there. The heart rate seemed very low on the weights section. On Thursday I averaged 127 bpm, and today only 108. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Modesty78 wrote:

I activated the specific training types on both types of exercise - I always do, so no difference there. The heart rate seemed very low on the weights section. On Thursday I averaged 127 bpm, and today only 108. 

So either today according to your heart rate, you were not exercising as strenuously, or else the heart rate recording for one or both were not accurate.  I would try looking at the heart rate detail as well as just the average to see in thee any clues there; for example were there stretches of unexplained lows or highs either day?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, looked at the heart rates, where Thursday the impact accounted for 36 minutes of activity, this time it was 7 minutes. So somehow, I managed to not be active for quite a lot of the exercise time. 

How can I avoid that in the future?

Best Answer
0 Votes