Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa tracks high heart rate readings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last day or so my heart rate consistently reads 120, while sitting or up moving around. I’ve taken my pulse manually and it’s around 80. 

I have turned off the heart rate, saved and synced. And then turned it back on and synced. Still no change. I have also shut my watch down and turned back on. It will read accurately for a few moments the. Goes right back to 120.  

Having my heart
rate in cardio mode is throwing off my daily stats!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@LisaHumphries, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since it's tracking high heart rate readings. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

Please restart your Fitbit Versa as described in this help article. After this, make sure your device is positioned correctly so that it doesn’t slip on your wrist. Finally, monitor your watch during the next 24 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you. I just shut it off and restarted it. I will let you know how it goes over the next 34 hours!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue Lisa. I shut my down/restarted mine and it did nothing, as well as unsynced and resynced the heart rate.

Finally after digging in many threads, I completely factory reset mine, removed it from the app, and re-set it up.

Theoretically mine is operating better, its been about 48 hours and its registering a lower heart rate then it was before (was getting 100+).

My issue now is that my RHR was registered as insanely high for about 5 days before I figured this out and I can't delete the data 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s still tracking high and throwing off my data too. I will give it until tomorrow but I think my watch will have to be replaced unfortunately. I’ve only had it 16 months!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Keep me posted, mine is high too. I got mine last February, 2019 so only 13 months as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa also has this issue. I have had 2 Versas now. The first was replaced as the screen came away. Prior to this I have had Fitbit charge and charge 2. It was only when I got my first Versa that the heart rate was noticeably higher. I regularly run 5k and it was showing average runs of 165 (normally 145) with peaks of 175-100 (normally 150-160). I have complained to Fitbit directly on 2 occasions. The first time they told me they had no other reports. The second time (this week) they now say they are aware of a SOFTWARE issue and to wait for a fix. No time frame though. Annoying as it is the main reason I use a fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @TonyGeorge .. I've complained 2x as well and had been given the generic "We're aware of this issue but may not be able to provide a fix in the near future" response.

So essentially, they know there is a problem for users and are unwilling to prioritize it.

I'm probably going to stop using Fitbit soon, and switch to Apple Watch or Garmin. They're more expensive but they at least they give accurate data.

Fitbit is slow with fixes, and is only focused on putting more products out. They don't worry about the quality of their code/software and just let users continue to use faulty data. I work in tech and this team of engineers/tech leads seems highly unreliable to get fixes our and prioritize bugs properly.

If I don't have the right data, it *completely* negates the entire point of using the product. No use in continuing with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,  

I did a factory reset last night. Deleted the Fitbit app from my phone. Reinstalled the Fitbit app and then added the Versa back to the app. That was a little more than 12 hours ago and so far so good!  Everything seems to be functioning normally!  Fingers crossed!! 🤞🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spoke too soon. The heart rate is tracking high again (120+) and apparently when I was sleeping my heart rate was above 200!

@JuanJoFitbit what are my options now?

Best Answer

I've had the same issue. Heart rate of 160-180 while eating dinner. I've interacted with Fitbit twice and done all the troubleshooting with no solution. The last time I interacted with chat, I was told to wear it on my dominant wrist for 48 hours. Lol. Nothing's worked. I've tried resetting the watch 3 times, one factory reset, toggling heart rate on/off &  syncing, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I'm going to do what I have to, to get a replacement and then I'm done with Fitbit. Never buying one again. I've never had one without a software or battery issue. 

Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit - could you advise as the moderator on the post?

Multiple people reporting the same issue. Would like to know what the solutions are here- the product is useless otherwise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. According to my Versa, my heart rate has been 100- 180 for four days straight. I tried the sync-reset-HR on-sync-reset-HR off cycle a couple of times but it just goes back. I chatted with support, but they said they know about it but there's nothing they can do. They won't replace it, even though it's covered by warranty, because they "can't guarantee a new device would fix the issue".

So now I have a watch/pedometer, since neither the HR or sleep cycle monitors are functioning.

Best Answer

Found another, 25 page thread on this same issue. It goes all the way back to APRIL 2018!

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-Smartwatches/Heart-rate-readings-too-high-in-Fitbit-Versa/td-p...

@JuanJoFitbit haven’t heard from you and this is clearly a systemic issue. Please advise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes