Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa users, does the display enable better with wrist turns than earlier Fitbit models?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

From experiencing use with a Charge, I know the display enabling with an inward turn of the wrist is very hit or miss.  I read users of the Ionic basically stating the same thing.  I emailed Fitbit support a few weeks ago and they assured me the Versa would be better in this regard.  Can Versa users comment on this?  I really need it to turn on consistently with a wrist flick as it still needs to be a watch first.  This is one area the Apple watch is very good at. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I only have the Charge 2 as my reference, but the Versa seems to work for me with the same exact wrist motion. I would say the screen wakes with little effort. You can tap the screen twice just like before. What is also nice, is that since the Versa's screen is bigger and more colorful, I get all the information I need in one glance. The ON delay is 10, 15 & 20 seconds, if you need it. This is from one week of experience. Overall, I am happy with the wrist wake movement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Versa this weekend.  While yes, it is a great and fun fitness watch, the screen wake up could use improvement, in my opinion.  Yes, if you keep the watch on a horizontal plane and rotate your wrist a good quarter of a turn, most of the time, the display will come on. However if you deviate from this position like your arm is at an angle so the watch is not completely on a horizontal plane, it's hit or miss on whether it will enable with a wrist turn.  What also is unnecessary in my opinion is that when you do turn your wrist there is a noticeable lag before the screen comes on.  I cannot see any reason for this.  I realize these issues will not bother many people but I have read of people complaining of similar issues on the Ionic board and adjustable screen wake up sensitivity I think is something they could easily add.  Particularly when I'm in meetings and want to more discreetly check the time, I'll give up some battery life to have the display come on quicker and easier.  The Apple watch is very good in this regard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa is working the same way my Charge 2 did, or better.  I have no complaints.

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same thing happen to me right after I changed watchbands.  I must have hit some setting but fixing it was easy.  I went into my Fitbit phone app and opened my account. I have an Android and it opens on the top right hand corner of the home screen (looks like a little business card).  Under Devices click on your Versa.  Scroll down to "Quick View" and make sure it is on.  If not, turn it on and then sync the phone to the Versa.  It fixed mine and I hope this is all it takes for you!

Best Answer

BioProf you're a genius! I did what you said and it works perfectly!  Thanks so much. (I'm not sure why FitBit doesn't enable Quick View by default though?)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks that did the trick. Got my versa yesterday and was about to contact support for this issue. Quick View setting was enabled on mine (display wont come up with flick). Disabled, Sync, Enabled, Sync. Been Ok since. great tip! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was so helpful. Thanks very much. It works perfectly now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Compared to my previous Blaze, it is around the same or a bit better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have the same problem too. Sometimes the screen wake is lag or don’t show up. Also when the notification comes in, it does not show automatically. I have to wake the screen in order to read the message. It will be good if it shows up by itself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes