Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa uses when unpaired

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 2 and am really happy with it. I am considering getting my daughter a Fitbit to help her with ADHD. I have read a lot of research about how smart watches are game changers for people with ADHD but everything smart watch requires constant pairing to receive calendar reminders, and she can't bring a phone to school to stay paired to all day. My question is, can I set Google calendar reminders, sync the Versa, unpair, and still get calendar reminders? I tried with my Charge 2 and it didn't work.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I'm afraid that's not possible. As you mention yourself the Versa needs to be paired/setup to the particular phone in order to send notifications. On the other hand, there must be a way that the school makes an exception for your daughter to caryy her phone with her!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, I'm afraid that's not possible. As you mention yourself the Versa needs to be paired/setup to the particular phone in order to send notifications. On the other hand, there must be a way that the school makes an exception for your daughter to caryy her phone with her!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As you said the tablet needs to have the offline nearby to receive notifications.  If your daughter is in school and the phone I'd at home they will not be able to talk because of the distance. 

Anything that does not require the phone will work.   notifications, weather,  GPS, will not workbecause they need to talk to the phone. No need to un-pair the tracker. 

Best Answer

Thank you. I felt like that was the case and I wanted to make sure before I bought her one. Even if the school was willing to make an exception I don't feel like she is responsible enough yet to carry it at school without playing on it.

Best Answer