Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa will not connect to FitBit Connect on my Imac

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am now running High Sierra 10.13.6 and my fitbit versa will no longer show as discoverable on the Imac bluetooth connection screen.
Therefore I can't sync to the imac via Fitbit Connect.

I had been able to connect in the past (probably older macOS) and just noticed that the device no longer connects or can be seen by bluetooth on my mac.

I have turned off bluetooth on my phone so the signal would not be interfered with but no luck.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @GregR, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the difficulty you're experiencing with connecting your Fitbit Versa with your Mac via Fitbit Connect. Thank you for providing the additional details and your efforts to resolve this. I recommend confirming the complete troubleshooting steps from this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me know if the issue persists, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi and thanks.

I went through all the steps. However the stumbling block is simple and still remains. My iMac's Bluetooth finds/discovers every bluetooth device I have, except the Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GregR, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and the additional details. I would like to confirm if you're able to sync your watch with another device in order to confirm the issue?

Please keep me posted.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, yes, My phones always sync. Just sometimes my phone is not at my side( and I make sure bluetooth on phone is OFF) and I like to sync to my iMac. It used to be able to do it. The Fitbit was listed as one of my bluetooth devices on the mac but recently it wouldn't connect & I had to hit the connect button, but it never connected anymore, so I deleted it from the bluetooth devices on the mac and now it won't discover.

I can't turn off bluetooth on the mac as my mouse and keyboard are attached via bluetooth , hence rendering the machine un-usable while bluetooth is off.

Its just a shame, it seems such a simple thing with today's technology. A lot of people have problems with connections with fitbit devices. Community is flooded with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GregR, thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I am glad to hear that your Versa syncs with your phones. I understand your concern and appreciate your feedback, our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. 

To share additional feedback or if you want to see features to be improved, feel free to visit our Feature suggestion board. Here our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, so basically fitbit is not working to make fitbit versa's sync with bluetooth over a mac any longer ? i.e. what was once working will not be corrected ?

Thanks Greg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @GregR. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I understand your concern. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on the Community posts and we are always working on improving our devices based on what you share here. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes