Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa will randomly shut down and won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have not enjoyed my experience with fitbit. I have changed the device almost yearly (even when it was changed within warranty). I got another versa 2 in September but sadly it has stopped working as usual. It will just power off and won't come up. I am so frustrated 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @GloriaBrown. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your Versa. I understand why you're feeling frustrated. 

If you haven't done so yet, I suggest restarting your Versa. For instructions, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the restart doesn't work and your watch has not vibrated whatsoever during this process, please move forward with the steps below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the above steps don't work, I'd suggest performing a restart by following the steps below (please remove your Versa from your phone's Bluetooth before performing this step): 

• On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  • When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  • When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  • Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.

You can follow the steps to set up the device after that: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I have tried all if these options and still won't work. It just won't come up at all. SAD

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GloriaBrown I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes