Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't change time zone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.  I have a new Versa and the time zone is stuck on Los Angeles (where I purchased the watch).  I am now in France.  I have my iPhone set to Paris, France, but the app keeps on saying Los Angeles.  Basically, every time I change the time zone, it reverts to Los Angeles after 30 seconds.(tried setting automatically and manually).  I have tried to change the time zone manually and automatically on the Fitbit app and on the phone.  I have also tried reconfiguring the watch with no success.  This is very frustrating.  Any suggestions?

Thanks, 

Rob

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

I have struggle

with same issue, was in berlin, flew

to London , phone app updates time but watch did not . Back home in  Houston and I’m still on Berlin time . Have updated plenty of time and still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Changing the clock face forced the time to change then changing it back to my clock face worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Travelling from FL to CA watch changed perfectly.  Coming home still on CA time.  Have been home several days now and still won't change.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Restart the watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in Florida and the time on my fit bit keeps going to Pacific Standard time. I have gone into my account and changed my time zone to Eastern Standard Time and it still ends up defaulting back to Pacific Standard time so the time on my fit bit never changes from PST. I've looked at all of the suggestions online and used chat twice. Even tried to program back to manufactures settings and nothing is working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting the watch did absolutely nothing for me.  I did it at least five times over two days.

Best Answer
0 Votes
On the 3rd day it changed correctly by itself. Guess it needed time to adjust just like we do.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here, except it is kind of random. Flight from LA to Atlanta - it changed the timezone to mountain time, but not back to eastern time when I landed. Been spending a lot of time and don't want to do any more research. I went to get he Windows version onto my computer, so I would not have to use my phone, but encountered more problems. really don't want to try to resolve a Microsoft problem in order to solve a Fitbit problem. It seems to me that this is a watch and the time zone switching should be pretty easy or truly automatic, but it is not. My solution is to try to let the battery die and see what it does. Also, does Fitbit read these posts? They should fix this.

Fut bit is one of those companies where " quality is job 1, release 2, version 6

I have had 2 samsung trackers and this is my second Fitbit. If draning the battery does not work, it's off with this Fitbit and there won't be any more trackers in my future - very low quality industry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a perfect solution.  Thanks,  I was in Eastern time for a week and the watch lost connectivity while there.  After returning to Central time, it simply would not switch back to CMT.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa Lite was doing the same thing when I was leaving Ms and crossing the Ga line and then it finally will  just stay on Ga time  and never would change back . Well I went to Advance settings and my  automatic  time zone and  automatic location button were not turned on and once I turned them on my time automatically  went to the right time On my watch. So try that and see if it works. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for responding. I finally did get the correct timezone to work for me.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You are welcome. Glad you did because it can become very irritating.  Have a good day and be safe.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks dude I've been trying to fix this all day and ur right the wrong timezone in browser fixed after I did a sync 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. For all of you who are new to the Fitbit community, welcome. 

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing the solutions and steps you've tried. I understand how you're feeling and appreciate your feedback and comments. If you're experiencing this issue, I recommend reviewing our troubleshooting tips in How do I fix the time on my Fitbit device? 

This thread will be closed. If you continue experiencing difficulties, feel free to create a new thread or get in touch with our Support team

See you around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes