Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t charge after it got wet.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What shall I do? Please help!

( with IPhone)

cheers

Claudia

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Sunshine24seven I'm sorry for the late response. However, since the issue persists after you tried the recommended troubleshooting steps, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution.

You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

@Sunshine24seven welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since it won't turn on or charge after it got wet.

I'd like you to dry your Versa's contacts with a cotton swab. After this, please try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. Once you've done these steps, charge your watch for 2-3 hours and see if it gets back to life.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JuanJoFitbit  thanks for your suggestion. 

Nothing is working so far. I’ve even put it in a bowl covered in rice for 24h as suggested by another post but it’s still not working. I can see some steam drops in the 4 little squares above the charging contacts. What else could I try? Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sunshine24seven I'm sorry for the late response. However, since the issue persists after you tried the recommended troubleshooting steps, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution.

You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

They have contacted me to send me a replacement. Thanks so much for your help! 

Best Answer

@Sunshine24seven I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'm so glad to hear that our Support team took care of your case and you were sent a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update here.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit won't turn on after getting wet.  I can see water drops in the 4 windows on the back.  Is there any thing I can do to fix it?  I tried putting it in rice overnight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Disneyfan75, thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa won't turn on, even though you tried to put it in rice.

I would like to know if your Versa vibrates when you put it on the charger. In the meantime, try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. After this, charge your watch for 2-3 hours and see if it turns on.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The fitbit does not vibrate or turn on even after charging.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to me and I tried the troubleshoot steps but it still doesn’t charge, I don’t think the Fitbit was wet it was just steamy and I put it to charge so it might have short-circuited.

Best Answer
0 Votes