Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't charge anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello from Thailand,

My Fitbit Versa was stored (and forgot) for about a year, and now it cannot be charged.
It only works when attached to the charger, and the only thing show up is text said to download an app.
It immediately turn off when removed from the charger.
I tried charging for hours with usb ports of laptop, pc, phone charger, macbook charger, ipad charger, nothings worked.
Any idea how to fix it would be appreciated.

Regards,
Khanin

Update: just for context; not charging means the icon showed as if it was charging, but it was likely not, so it turned off right when removed from charger.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @khan_p  - the display will blank after being removed from the charger.

As you have the factory reset state in the watch it needs to be setup again. 

Login to the Fitbit App on your phone and click on profile photo and "+ Set up a Device" and install the watch like it was new.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the quick reply.
The problem was that the set up could not be done without it being charged. It is like there is 0 percent charge.
And even with it in the charger, it said battery low in the app and could not finish the process.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @khan_p  - the watch may have suffered damage prior to storing.

However if you are getting functionality when on the charger it could be the lithium battery has entered a dormant state.

Getting it out of that state might be a challenge, if charged repetitively over several days, leaving for a couple of hours on and off the charger it may wake.

You can also try a watch restart immediately after a charge. How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @khan_p. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa before reaching out. 

In addition to what @Guy_ has suggested, please confirm if you've tried all tips and recommendations provided here Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit ,
Yes, I've tried all the recommendations from that link. Still the same.

Currently trying what @Guy_ suggested.
Will keep you guys posted in a few days.

Best Answer
0 Votes