Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed my Versa died mid-day even though it had 50% battery remaining. I can’t seem to get it to turn back on completely off of the charger.  While on the charger it flashes between the Fitbit logo and a 0% battery logo and doesn’t appear to be charging.  Any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
56 REPLIES 56

Hi

My device was purchased as a gift for me less than 1 year ago. Earlier this week it did not count my steps. After restarting it, it then counted steps but not HR. Then today it simply died, despite not being low on battery. Having had it plugged into various USB ports and sockets for over 30 mins at a time, and all of them in good working order, it still shows no signs of life. I have cleaned the charger. I have wiped down the device - as I do every day to keep it clean. I can see no good reason why the device has completely died. I am very disappointed and find it interesting that others have encountered the exact same problems in droves in the last few weeks. I look forward to hearing how you can help here. Many thanks. 

Best Answer

Hi there,

I have the same issue. My fitbit versa died and will not charge and I have tried all of the troubleshooting methods mentioned. Please help. 

Best Answer

I am also having this issue.  My Versa died after just a couple of hours off the charger.  It will not turn on, reset, or charge now.  I've been trying since yesterday to charge it, reset it, or turn it on.

UPDATE: I called and got the same "try the resets, try another charger, try cleaning the connection points."  The person on the phone also had me update the software, though I had updated it three days ago.  Suddenly, my fitbit turned on while I was telling the representative that 25% discount was not acceptable. Hmmmm.  Is it possible this latest update fixed the issue since so many people brought it to their attention?  I don't know, but at least mine finally turned back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit dead, has a black screen. I have attempted to hold down the 3 buttons with no success. I have left it on the charger and nothing. This is super disappointing and I’ve had this for less than a year. I have attempted to reach out the to the help page but am told that the page is not available. 

what is going on?

Best Answer

None of these steps have worked for me.  Like many others, I am done with FitBit if this is not resolved satisfactorily.  My Versa is barely 18 months old and it has been my experience that each of the 4 that I have owned have died between 18-24 months.  Thus I am eagerly awaiting the new Apple watch and exploring options other than FitBit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact them. You may be within your warranty and they will replace it. If
it's out of warranty, the best they will do is offer you a 25% off coupon
code to buy a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit's warranty only last one year and you can't buy and extended warranty. Mine is the same age (18 months) and was told several times 25% off the next one, would be all they could do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having problems charging my versa....what three buttons are you talking about....I'm only familiar to the one of the side of the Versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello
My Versa just did the exact thing everyone else here has been chatting about...it just suddenly died and won't charge.
I've tried holding the 3 buttons, but there has been no response and I've had it in the charger for over an hour and there's no sign of life.
I was not sure how to add to the forum other than replying to you.
I have not contacted anyone in customer service.

I purchased it in September last year 😕
Cheers
Vick

Best Answer

Unfortunately, I was unable to find a solution for my FitBit and I am still unable to use it. A friend of mine with the same model also had the same issue, and had to end up purchasing another. If you find a solution, please let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Morning! I realize what may have happen.....I let my battery go to
ZERO and that is why it would not charge....that happen twice (so I know
it's related to letting the battery go to zero).....I finally got it
charged (I swore a lot).....removing and reinstalling the app, turning blue
tooth off and on and finding a location where nothing was plugged
in.....full current....and both times it finally charged! good luck!

--
*Monique*

*YOLO, y'all (you only live once!)*

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. My Versa was fine until I did the recent upgrade on the app. then it stopped working and wouldn’t charge at all. I thought it was a flat battery.  I’ve just bought another FitBit charger and still can’t get my versa to charge at all. I’ve reset several times, I’ve cleaned the back as instructed as well. I can get the logo up but it quickly disappears with no joy on the new charger. No screen action at all. It’s showing no indication that it has any life in it. I’m completely at a loss.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After being disappointed with Fitbit since my Versa died, and getting no customer support (other than a coupon to buy a new one). I bought myself a Garmin and will no longer be supporting the Fitbit brand. I loved Fitbit since their first generation model, but getting no help, no answers, and being told that in the end it wasn't their fault that my watch suddenly died after an update... I'm done. Good luck to the rest of you and I hope you get some answers!

Best Answer
0 Votes
How di u like the garmin?
Best Answer
0 Votes

So far, I love it! I currently do more weightlifting than step counting and it's much easier to log and track my workouts more accurately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks!!! btw, which one did you get?

--
*Monique*

*YOLO, y'all (you only live once!)*

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the Vivoactive 4s. It has a smaller watch face (40mm), versus the Vivoactive 4 (45mm) and it's waterproof up to 50 meters. 

Best Answer
0 Votes