Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't connect with my Jaybird X3 headset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't get my Versa to recognize my Jaybird x3 wireless earbuds.  It finds my TV but not my earbuds! What am I doing wrong?  

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Sparky333, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Please note that the Versa should not have difficulties pairing with any kind of Bluetooth headset but if yours is stuck during the pairing process I would like to suggest you the following:

1. Restart your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen.
  2. Make sure your headset is fully charged
  3. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth device around that might interfere
  4. If you have your phone around and if you have paired the headset with it, please turn your phone off. 

After checking these points, try to connect your headset again:

1. Start by activating pairing mode on your Bluetooth headphones, speaker, or other audio device.
  2. On your watch, open the Settings app and then scroll down and tap Bluetooth.
  3. Tap + Audio Device. Your watch searches for nearby devices.
  4. When your watch finds nearby Bluetooth audio devices, it shows a list on the screen. Tap the name of the device you want to pair.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hello @Sparky333, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Please note that the Versa should not have difficulties pairing with any kind of Bluetooth headset but if yours is stuck during the pairing process I would like to suggest you the following:

1. Restart your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen.
  2. Make sure your headset is fully charged
  3. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth device around that might interfere
  4. If you have your phone around and if you have paired the headset with it, please turn your phone off. 

After checking these points, try to connect your headset again:

1. Start by activating pairing mode on your Bluetooth headphones, speaker, or other audio device.
  2. On your watch, open the Settings app and then scroll down and tap Bluetooth.
  3. Tap + Audio Device. Your watch searches for nearby devices.
  4. When your watch finds nearby Bluetooth audio devices, it shows a list on the screen. Tap the name of the device you want to pair.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer

Sparky 333, I had the same problem.

In order to connect your Jaybird X3 to fitbit versa you need first to put them in PAIRING mode. To do so:

1) Turn the buds off

2)Then Press and hold the power button for more than 4 seconds until you see alternating red/green lights.

Now from your watch go on Setting/Bluetooth and click + Audio Device. It will search then pair and then you press connect and off you go.

Hope it helps. 

Best Answer

Hello @DavideP75, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience and the steps you took in order to pair your Bluetooth headset, I'm sure they will be very helpful for members of the Community facing the same situation. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer

Thank you so much!  It worked!

Best Answer
glad it did!
Best Answer

Thank you!!!!

Best Answer

Hello @Sparky333 and @DavideP75, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@Sparky333, I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved, at this moment I would like to welcome you to our Discussion boards, where you can find tips and inspiration from other members of the Community to keep you motivated. 

Thanks again for letting me know the outcome of your issue, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Best Answer

Ive got versa and jaybird run

this post worked perfect

thanks man

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advice--finally got it to pair.  However, my Versa doesn't seem to have ANY range, I wear it on my left arm and it cuts out really badly.  I even tried to wear it on my right, but it will only work continuously if I hold the watch next to the earbuds.  Not handy at all.  Is there something I can do about this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted the watch, put my headphones in pairing mode, turned off my phone, and my Fitbit still won't see the headphones. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did anything work for you?  I also have an X3 headset and it won't pair with my Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you was not until I scrolled down to your advice that it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How I can connect same speaker Jaybird x

X3 to Fitbit versa 2? I've trying several times, it shows other devices but the Jaybird.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally I found the solution myself, by reading the Jaybird X3 set up instructions, and got the connection to my Versa 2:

1- if you are not able to see your Jaybird speaker device from your SW

2- switch off your Jaybird X3

3- Then switch on again and VERY Important: hold the switch On button till the green lights and a little beep sound

4- you magically be able to discover your device listed

5- select it and that's it!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Marco G.

Thank you for your advice but I have tried these steps multiple times ensuring all my other devices are turned off and my Versa2 will still not recognized by wireless earbuds to pair.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Brenda 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot! this helps and works so well after been trying to pair device all night 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes