Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't pair or sync to my iPhone 6 anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems that my Fitbit's passive bluetooth has stopped working.

A couple weeks ago, my Versa 2 stopped syncing with the Fitbit app on my iPhone 6.  After implementing the usual litany of troubleshooting steps (stop/start iPhone bluetooth, reboot phone, stop/start Fitbit app, reboot Fitbit device, etc.) numerous times to no avail, I found a suggestion here at the Fitbit site to go into iPhone Bluetooth settings, choose the device, and do "Forget this device," and then go thru the Fitbit app to re-pair the device. Lo and behold, the iPhone can no longer detect the device, and therefore the app can no longer detect the device.

So this does not appear to be a situation where the app won't SYNC to the device, because the device is not making itself available to be synced with in the first place.

1) If the phone can't see the device, the app can't see the device.
2) If the app can't see the device, the app can't pair with the device.
3) If the app can't pair with the device, then the app and device can't sync.

I'm stuck on #1 above.

My iPhone *can* detect other bluetooth devices; just not the Fitbit. My wife's iPhone also cannot detect my Fitbit.

It seems that my Fitbit's passive bluetooth has stopped working.

How can this be resolved?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @DubyaWW, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the connectivity issues you've been having between your iPhone 6 and your Versa, I understand where your concern is coming from and how you must be feeling. Thanks for already trying to fix the issue prior to posting here, I'll be glad to continue helping you.

Besides to the steps you already performed, I'd recommend trying the ones below:

• Make sure you've removed your Versa from your Fitbit account
  • Make sure you've unpaired your Versa from your phone's Bluetooth.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Setup your Versa again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa.

If you can't get started with your Versa, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

If none of the recommendations seem to work, at this time I'd suggest performing a factory reset on your Versa. To so do, follow these steps:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc. 

Let me know how it goes.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @DubyaWW, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the connectivity issues you've been having between your iPhone 6 and your Versa, I understand where your concern is coming from and how you must be feeling. Thanks for already trying to fix the issue prior to posting here, I'll be glad to continue helping you.

Besides to the steps you already performed, I'd recommend trying the ones below:

• Make sure you've removed your Versa from your Fitbit account
  • Make sure you've unpaired your Versa from your phone's Bluetooth.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Setup your Versa again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa.

If you can't get started with your Versa, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

If none of the recommendations seem to work, at this time I'd suggest performing a factory reset on your Versa. To so do, follow these steps:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc. 

Let me know how it goes.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Maria. My apologies for the delay.  "Life" has been happening a lot lately, so I've just now found your reply.  I'd be happy to give your suggested steps a go.  First, a couple more questions:

1) You say, "Make sure you've removed your Versa from your Fitbit account." This might sound stupid, but... where do I find the devices on my account? When I go to my Fitbit.com profile, there are no devices listed anywhere. None are listed on my "Profile" page, and if I click  the little smartwatch icon at the upper-right corner of my "Profile" page, I am taken to my "Personal Info" page, and there's no devices identified there either.  Furthermore, on the "Dashboard" page, a little note at the top says "No Devices Paired."  So it seems that there already is no longer a device associated with my account.  Would that have happened when I told my iPhone's Bluetooth to "forget the device"? That seems unlikely, but... here we are.

2) Would there be any harm in jumping straight to your factory reset suggestion? I have no apps, alarms or data to be lost (except the most recent week's recorded steps data, etc., but that's okay.) 

Hopefully I hear back from you today, Friday, before all the Black Friday sales are all over! 🙂  You know - just in case...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @DubyaWW, thanks for getting back and for the details shared. I'm sorry for the delay in my response too. 

Regarding your first inquiry, as per the description you gave, it seems that your watch is no longer paired to your Fitbit account. That would explain why you cannot find any devices in your profile and the message "No Devices Paired". 

About the second inquiry, there wouldn't be no any harm if your perform the factory reset on your watch more than any stored data I mentioned above. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes