Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't stay connected to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems my Versa is working as it should functionally however it wont stay connected to Bluetooth long enough to fully sync, update apps, receive notifications, etc... In the fitbit app under my account it will say "looking..." for a while then "connected..." for a second, then "syncing..." for a second then just go back to "looking...". So i went to my iPhone Bluetooth settings and can see that it connects for a second or two then just disappears, then connects and disappears and continues the cycle. Anyone else having this specific problem? Any suggestions to fix it? I've restarted the app, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, turned my bluetooth on and off, restarted my phone, restarted the Versa. Nothing seems to work. 

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212

@Marrrmaduke  AFAIK, Versa has different OS than Charger.  While Charge is a FitBit homebrewed, Versa heritages the OS from Pebble acquisition

I agree with you! Being first version released, it has long way to go!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Frafael wrote:

@Marrrmaduke  AFAIK, Versa has different OS than Charger.  While Charge is a FitBit homebrewed, Versa heritages the OS from Pebble acquisition

I agree with you! Being first version released, it has long way to go!

Of course it's different OS 😋 What I meant was I need to keep calm and love my Fitbit! Lol

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Versa for 5 days. I am more frustrated with this than anything ever. I think because I was so excited to get a smart watch Fitbit that will play music. I have been using Fitbit for several years. Asked for Versa for birthday. And have been disappointed since opening it. Not only is downloading music difficult. I now no longer have a Bluetooth connection or a sync. And that is after doing EVERYTHInG. What do I do now?  Tell my husband it sucks. I am sad and to trade throw in for an Apple Watch   Anyone with suggestions 

Best Answer

So I tried the advice on restarting this and that and it worked for all of an hour maybe. This has to be the worst fitbit ever

Best Answer

My Blaze was fine for that last 1+ years.  I got it what they first came out.  Changed to Versa because my Blaze screen wigged out and it is a whole different thing.  Some things I noticed are: 1) on my bluetooth, when other devices are connected, they are listed in the paired group, but also say 'connected' next to the connected devices name.  The Versa is only listed in the paired group, but will not show 'connected'.  2) when it is connected to my home wifi, it works better, not good, but better.  I can not get the Versa to connect to my phones mobile data, so I don't know if it is requiring the wifi or what.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did get it to work by clicking shut down on the watch

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for the advice!  I was at wits end and delighted that this worked after hours of frustration.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bluetooth issues.  Message come up and says press "Restart Bluetooth" to turn Bluetooth off and on.  I have done all of this, even g.one into the computer but still nothing is happening.  There is nothing else left for me to try.  I have only had the Fitbit Versa since May.

Cheers

Cynthia

Best Answer

I have only had my Versa for a couple of weeks. I love it except it also won’t stay connected to BT. I am so frustrated and about ready to send it back. Stays connected for maybe a day and won’t connect again for several days. Sick of it!

Best Answer
I am having the same problem.  I have this expensive fitbit on my arm and all it is doing is a fraction of what it is meant to.  My Fit bit Alta was more reliable, less expensive and lasted a lot longer battery wise.  This one can't even tell me when the battery is nearly flat.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem as well. Extremely hard to sync and constantly losing connection will biking. I have followed all of the recommendations in the various articles to no avail. This is either a hardware or software issue. Maybe both. With tax I paid $350 for my SE. I could get as much functionality out of a $25 Timex. I was very enthused when  first bought the Versa to the point that I was going to buy one for each of my two sons for Christmas. No longer. I have a Gear S3 that works flawlessly.. I just found it a bit bulky hence the Versa purchase. If Fitbit doesn't clean this up soon I'll list it on Kijiji and be done with it. Life is too short for this type of aggravation. 

Best Answer

How did you turn disability on ? Have a Motorola Z2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues. I'll need a fix soon or I will be returning.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Similar issue with mine. After several attempts to restart the app,
disconnect and reconnect blue tooth , I powered off the Versa and
restarted. Been working fine!

--
"Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it."-
Irving Berlin
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry can't help you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do fitbit reply to any of these?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fit bit have not via this site.  My Bluetooth is now working as of about 4days ago.  Have no idea what changed as I had tried everything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa Bluetooth works for a few days and then it can't find it again...good grief they need to fix this too many complaints.

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue. It will connect to my Bluetooth on my phone for about 30 seconds, then it's gone. I have called Fitbit at least 4 times and they always walk me through the normal steps of: restarting my phone, turning off my Bluetooth , then turning it off, restarting the Fitbit. Same stuff every single time. This is so disappointing , as I upgraded from the Blaze(which worked great).

It seems, from what I am reading, is that it's an issue with the Versa device or the app. Not sure, but I wish that they would fix it.

Best Answer

This seems to be a really common problem, I can't believe Fitbit haven't resolved it by now! My wife and I have both moved from a Charge 2HR to a Versa in the last couple of weeks, and are both having the same problem.

The Bluetooth connection stays for a couple of hours (on a good day!), and then drops out. The only solution that works is to unpair the Versa in the phone Bluetooth menu, and immediately re-pair, This works 9 times out of 10, but just a few hours latter, it has gone again. We are repeating this several times a day, which is totally unacceptable. It is definitely not a problem with our phones, as they worked fine with the Charge 2, and work perfectly connecting to out Car's. It is definitely an issue either with the Versa, or the Fitbit Android App.

We are both seriously thinking of returning our Fitbits, and moving over to another Fitness band provider.

Don't get me wrong, we love the Versa, but the connectivity issues make it almost unusable. 

Looking on various forums and websites at the volume of people having this issue, then Fitbit have a very serious issue indeed here.       

Best Answer