Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't stay connected to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems my Versa is working as it should functionally however it wont stay connected to Bluetooth long enough to fully sync, update apps, receive notifications, etc... In the fitbit app under my account it will say "looking..." for a while then "connected..." for a second, then "syncing..." for a second then just go back to "looking...". So i went to my iPhone Bluetooth settings and can see that it connects for a second or two then just disappears, then connects and disappears and continues the cycle. Anyone else having this specific problem? Any suggestions to fix it? I've restarted the app, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, turned my bluetooth on and off, restarted my phone, restarted the Versa. Nothing seems to work. 

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212

Hey @Jasonp5, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Robot Happy I appreciate the time that you have taken to try to fix this issue. Beside that, there are some other tips in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync, that I'd like you to try to sync your Fitbit Versa with your iPhone. 

In addition, I'd like you to try to sync with a computer, or by any chance you have it, with another compatible device. 

If the inconvenience persist, let me know! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

When I contacted tech support yesterday, I was asked to try connecting it with another Bluetooth device. So we tried my iPad. Didn’t work. Tech support then told me to return my Versa to Fitbit for a replacement. Since the rose gold/peach is not in stock, I was told I need to wait 2-3 weeks.  So whatever it is, this is a huge problem that remains unresolved.

Best Answer

Yes mine is the exact same problem! 

Best Answer

I’m having the EXACT same issue. Very disappointing. Thanks the info. I have spent days trying to fix. 

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue.

I have connect to a live chat for support 3 TIMES. 

I have only had my VERSA for 4 days.

This is very disappointing. I will be returning it and continuing to use my blaze. 

Best Answer

Having the same problem. Have had mine for going on two weeks now and this just started yesterday. It doesn’t sync throughout the day, even though that setting is on and I can’t get to to connect at all this morning. The looking, to syncing, then right back to looking. Seriously frustrating. Took a lot to make the decision to invest this amount of money into a fitness tracker!

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. It isnt syncing on my phone. I have tried all the troubleshooting multiple times. I brought mine on 4/16. It worked fine for about a week and a half; I've been having bluetooth connection problems since Tuesday. It  finally synced on Friday then stopped and I got it to sync just a few minutes ago and wont sync again. I love my fitbit, I have had several in the last 3+ years. Im just very frustrated like the rest of us.

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem.  Versa is not connecting to my iPhone or iPad. I just upgraded from a Blaze which I had for less than a month as it was not syncing and the time would update correctly.  I started using Fitbits in 2014 and I have gone through at least 12 for various reasons. 

Best Answer

I don't know if its something I did or not, but this morning I reset my fitbit, took everything off of my Bluetooth settings, turned off my phone (not a restart) and then turned it back on, and then I turned on my hotspot and ever since it has been syncing. I just thought I'd share.

Best Answer

I’m really tired of doing all your “fixes” on a daily basis. Mine won’t connect via Bluetooth on iPhone or iPad. Nor will it connect through WiFi. So very disappointed. Right now my Versa shows 7220 steps and 979 calories. Sorry I wasted money on upgrading to Versa from charge2

Best Answer

I have same problem with my Versa LE. The device keep loosing the connection with my SGS8. Not reliable at all. Horrible!

The only way I can get going is turn off the Versaa and turn back On, and cleat the cache on the phone!

Interesting though, my Charger 2, I don't have same problem for more then one year, with same phone.

It's a shame they cannot solve this problem! I am very disappointed with the product!

Best Answer

Same. I've spent entirely too much time on my Versa. Wifi connecting/disconnecting. . Same with Bluetooth. Which means nothing works.

My Charge 2 works perfectly almost all the time  Same phone  Samsung G8

Will likely return. 

Best Answer

I was having the same issue, however I deleted the versa from my blue tooth, deleted app and reinstalled several times and cannot get my I phone to connect. Very frustrating. Any ideas?

Best Answer

I had the same thing happen as Jujube289.  Thy had me connect the versa to a different device, reset it multiple times, even did a factory reset. Nothing, still would not sync or would only sync for a few hours. They had me send it back for replacement, still have not received the replacement yet. Been holding off reviewing this device until I get a working model. Giving Fitbit one last shot here before returning it to the store for a refund. (crossing fingers).

Best Answer

Okay, so I see that you have an iPhone, but I was having the exact same problem with my versa. I have a galaxy s8, but my syncing problem stopped when I turned my phones visibility on. Hope this helps the iPhone community!

Best Answer
Idk how to turn the visibility on,can you tell me how you do that?

Thank-you,
Viola
Best Answer

I bought also a versa, as I wanted to move up from my Alta HR. But I had to got back to it as after the installation first time, It keeps  loosing the connection to bluetooth and reconnecting (to my Moto X play) without getting to sync or setting parameters set in the app. Very disappointing after having no problems with my Alta HR. I now had to move back to that device, waiting to improvements by Fitbit in the firmware.

Best Answer

Same exact here.  I'm a long time fitbit user but will be changing to another brand after my issues with the versa. 

Best Answer

Same here... Unfortunately. Nothing helps for the long run. My phone is discoverable. I restarted both Versa and my Droid so many times, cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled etc. To no avail... Very disappointed.

ETA: Since June, I have discovered how to make my Versa behave:

• downgraded fitbit app to 2.74.2 as I learned through trial and error that it's the most stable build for me
  • when the BT connection is lost - remove Versa from Paired Devices in phone's bluetooth settings, reboot phone and Versa, open fitbit mobile app and sync
  • when GPS connection is not stable - make sure Versa can sync and lock fitbit mobile app in the foreground on your phone. In my case, aggressive power management is killing fitbit mobile app, even when Keep Alive widget is running

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer