Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't stay connected to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems my Versa is working as it should functionally however it wont stay connected to Bluetooth long enough to fully sync, update apps, receive notifications, etc... In the fitbit app under my account it will say "looking..." for a while then "connected..." for a second, then "syncing..." for a second then just go back to "looking...". So i went to my iPhone Bluetooth settings and can see that it connects for a second or two then just disappears, then connects and disappears and continues the cycle. Anyone else having this specific problem? Any suggestions to fix it? I've restarted the app, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, turned my bluetooth on and off, restarted my phone, restarted the Versa. Nothing seems to work. 

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212
Bought a Garmin. Love it !
Best Answer
I turn my bluetooth off and on and it reconnects. It's very easy to do in Windows 10.  Just 2 clicks.
Best Answer
I could never get mine to pair. Oddly enuf , I could reload my Blaze and it
took 2 seconds. But I would have to reconnect every other day which is why
I replaced it. After reading reviews in which 90% were having the same
problem with the Versa , I got the Garmin Vivoactive 3 and not a single
problem.
Best Answer
I haven't had a problem since I got a my pixel phone. Now using pixel 3 so
I'm pretty sure it's a software issue
with other phone brands. Android Pixel and IOS Apple phones run a True
Clean OS. Other brands like LG, Samsung, have software over the operating
system to add there spin on how they want Android to operate. I hope this
makes sense. Thanks
Best Answer

I have a Pixel 3 and it disconnects from Bluetooth daily and the only way to fix is to reboot the phone. It happened on my first Versa and again on the replacement. Frustrating.

Best Answer

Yea. We are having the same problem. Have done so many restarts and the rest. But nothing works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated my android app to v3.11 - as usual, synch gets blown to hell and this time looks really bad. Did many restarts on both phone and Fitbit Versa but to no avail.

FitBit you have a huge problem with this - please sort it out ! Asking customers to uninstall everything and all the back and forth stuff is not really a solution !

Best Answer

I guess I'm glad I'm not alone.  I'm really tired of tech support telling me it is all fine.  I've had this Versa since May and until 3 days ago it was fine.  Now I have to re-pair it at least 3 times a day.  Tech support tells me nothing is wrong.  I think this is very wrong and as soon as I am able, I'll switch to a different brand.

Best Answer

so I've had the same problem. I had this watch since May and then about mid-november just stopped syncing and giving me notifications. So recently upgraded to the Versa 2 thinking it would help. 3 days in and I have the same problem.

Wonder if anyone has suggestions for me good and similar smartwatch for all of the functionality that comes with the Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm afraid that the Versa I have currently is the last Fitbit brand I'll buy.  After doing everything support suggested over and over they sent me a replacement Versa.  Now IT stopped syncing!  I'm not going to go through this again with them.  I'm done with Fitbit, which is sad because I really liked them.Sent from my LG Mobile
Best Answer
Garmin Vivoactive
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought the Versa Lite and Versa 2 for Christmas and we've had the same problems since turning them on. We've tried uninstalling, force stopping, factory reset, nothing works for either of them. I've never seen such a poor issue be mishandled for a watch. I upgraded from a Charge 2 and I've never had a single issue. The Bluetooth connectivity on the Versa Lite is non-existent and wouldn't let me download any apps. Keeps saying Connect to Phone but won't connect. Then the Versa 2, you have to log back in to WiFi every time you close the app. Neither device will pair with Bluetooth. We're finally just returning them for a refund. Very discouraged on these watches, especially after seeing all the comments that this has been going on for well over a year with no solution but to return and exchange repeatedly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
yeah..problem is still there, together with the notifications which never
sync ! The only solid reply I got from their support is a song and dance
about my android device (OnePlus 5T) not being tested specifically.

so with Fitbit support logic, instead of buying a smartphone and then
getting a compatible smartwatch, you would need to get the Versa first and
then lookup a tested and approved device.

I'm taking the only sensible option soon and its name is Garmin Vivoactive
😛 Its about time that manufacturers stop thinking of integrated GPS as a
premium feature and refrain from selling this 'connected gps' crap.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry but they might be right. I had problems with every phone I had except my pixel 3 and pixel 4 worked great. Now I have crappy wifi connectivity with pixel 3 and pixel 4 lol Don't you just love technology 😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Sometimes, it is looking for a device.... I have to wait a long time for the watch to sync with FitBit when it come to transferring my workout data from my watch to my FitBit application. Pleas help 

Best Answer
0 Votes
What phone are you using?
Best Answer
0 Votes
OnePlus 5T
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hai. Phone is Vivo 1804 (Vivo 11)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have other bluetooth devices connected to your phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't use my phone for the Fitbit app because of SO many prior problems with it.  Apparently my LG is not compatible.  So, I use my computer.  They sent me a new Fitbit replacement but it also will sync only when it wants to.  I've given up on the total usefulness of this model.  I'll still wear it until it bites the dust because I can get my step count...and the time, of course! 
Best Answer
0 Votes