Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't stay connected to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems my Versa is working as it should functionally however it wont stay connected to Bluetooth long enough to fully sync, update apps, receive notifications, etc... In the fitbit app under my account it will say "looking..." for a while then "connected..." for a second, then "syncing..." for a second then just go back to "looking...". So i went to my iPhone Bluetooth settings and can see that it connects for a second or two then just disappears, then connects and disappears and continues the cycle. Anyone else having this specific problem? Any suggestions to fix it? I've restarted the app, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, turned my bluetooth on and off, restarted my phone, restarted the Versa. Nothing seems to work. 

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212

In de past i was in Lebbeke. Buy unfortunatly ..... As I wanted a HR I adres the Alta HR tot it. As There were no good reasonable priced ones. But on working i was ok. But as i wanted alle in one I bought the Versa on it zelf it looks fine, but the connecting is bad. Do i wrote Fitbit: Inprove firmware zoon of take it back.

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue. Tried all the resets but to no avail. Did a hard reset on the Versa and it synced once but then after an hour back to the same problem.  Very frustrating and disappointed with tech support as all I got was a generic response from them. Am very quickly losing all faith in fitbit 😞 

Best Answer

Same problem work fine for the first few wks! Then trouble started. Then it worked fine yesterday until last night. Now its just becoming an irritation I can do without! May just dumb this watch and go with an brand. One that doesnt give you problems everytime its updated! 

Best Answer

I am also having Bluetooth connectivity issues with my new Versa. It will sync fine about half of the time. I followed all the hints in the Android section for syncing issues. I have a compatible phone (Galaxy S8)..

The issue is the phone cannot find the Versa. I will get the message "Bluetooth issues..if you continue to receive this message, restart Bluetooth".  that works sometimes..other times, I have to re-start the Versa to get it to sync...…    this happens several times a day.   I have seen nothing on this issue from support but the standard replies... re start Bluetooth..restart phone...restart Versa...try another Bluetooth device...remove Versa from account and re-install.....    

My Charge 2 worked FINE..never had a sync issue... I really liked the fact that I can actually read the display outside in the sunlight... but that is NOT worth having to reset to get it to sync with my phone.... FITBIT... what is the fix???

Samsung Galaxy S8, Sense
Best Answer

OK... finally I got my Versa stable and receiving messages for over a week.

I am not sure if was any APP update or the procedure below:

1) turn the watch off (settings -> about -> turn off.

2) turn off the cellphone bluetooth

3) go to your cellphone APPS application manager and force FitBit APP to stop and clear the cache (not the data!)

4) repeat step 3 for all (total 3) bluetooth process in your cellphone. You must enable "show system APPS".

Now you have a clean system!!!

5) enable bluetooth (turn on)

6) open FitBit APP

7) turn your Versa on

😎 wait to Versa to sync with cellphone, may take few minutes.

9) When finished the sync send to yourself a message to test or place a call.

I have not missed a single message and or call after this dance! I am using SG S8 and OREO.

Best Answer

When the versa and the paired phone is far away .The pair up will be disconnected .In case the 2 devices are put close again .Will they be syn again automatically?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sync two devices with no problem. Versa and Charger 2!

If you are away of your cell phone, Versa wiil schedule the sync, and connect as soon you are in the range.

Best Answer
Sorry but mine won’t. Even with verse and phone or tablet side by side
Best Answer

@Maturegal, how are you pairing your device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cleared the cache of my whole phone after booting in recovery. Versa worked for 2 days then the problem reappeared. I will perform your procedure. Which 3 BT processes are you talking about. Could you please share the names? Thx

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

See attached!SmartSelect_20180609-085032_Settings.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa crashed today. Kept losing Bluetooth connection today. I shut the versa down, restarted and all is fine

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I figured out that's the processes you were talking about and killed them. My versa stayed connected for about 24 hours and back to the same issue. 😞 I would also like to add that simply killing off processes and clearing the cache does nothing. One needs to reboot Versa as well. That leads me to believe it's Versas OS issue...

ETA: as a side note, all these issues appeared after updating Versas firmware. It's not the phone issue as it was working before. Now, Versa won't sync with anything, be it my Android phone or Pixelbook. The funny thing is PixelBook says Versa is connected but nothing happens. Anybody have idea how to downgrade firmware? I know I can wipe Versa (already did it once) and it will bring it back to the older version of OS but it updates as soon as it connects to Fitbit app.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke i am using Versa OS 32.32.10.15, no problem after cleaning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Frafael wrote:

@Marrrmaduke i am using Versa OS 32.32.10.15, no problem after cleaning.

Same here... Currently versa is being disobedient again. Since 13:48... I really have no mental strengths left (lol) to keep rebooting everything and wiping everything each 24 hours. It used to sync just fine with all my devices. Sighs... I guess I will have to fight with Fitbit CS for the refund. I bought it directly from Fitbit and I'm outside of the return window. Sigh...

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke, I am curious about you said "loosing connection". Are you not getting sync, not getting messages or all above? The bluetooth LE is a strange protocol, to save power , the status will not show connected anywhere.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_Low_Energy

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been a nightmare. Tech support has no ideas nor do they seem to care. So angry I wasted my money on this device.

Best Answer
I just returned mine for a refund.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive just tried this, i will keep you updated

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Frafael wrote:

@Marrrmaduke, I am curious about you said "loosing connection". Are you not getting sync, not getting messages or all above? The bluetooth LE is a strange protocol, to save power , the status will not show connected anywhere.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_Low_Energy

All of the above. It seems to work for a day or few, then requires killing processes and clearing caches along with reboot of Versa. Got used to it. Honestly, I remember having sync/connection issues with Charge HR back when it was released, then after several months, once Fitbit rolled out all the updates, it got resolved. Why am I mentioning this? Well, I think it's a repeat of the Charge HR story where the hardware wasn't to blame but rather the software/OS. We will see in six months. That is if I have any patience left to keep rebooting/clearing caches each other day.😋 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes