Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't stay connected to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems my Versa is working as it should functionally however it wont stay connected to Bluetooth long enough to fully sync, update apps, receive notifications, etc... In the fitbit app under my account it will say "looking..." for a while then "connected..." for a second, then "syncing..." for a second then just go back to "looking...". So i went to my iPhone Bluetooth settings and can see that it connects for a second or two then just disappears, then connects and disappears and continues the cycle. Anyone else having this specific problem? Any suggestions to fix it? I've restarted the app, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, turned my bluetooth on and off, restarted my phone, restarted the Versa. Nothing seems to work. 

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212

I feel your pain. They sent a replacement to me as well but it is just as unreliable. They keep pushing out these updates with a request to let them know if it works or not. Is it just me or is this absolutely ludicrous? With the taxes I have $350 into this Versa and outside of two weeks in the summer, it has never worked (connected gps). 

Best Answer

@Bsfrode ☹️ At this point I think only an OS update addressing these issues can help. Version .19 is being slowly rolled out (slowly), so let's hope it improves Bluetooth connection.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RonS16 Does your versa connect to mobile GPS at all? Like in connecting and then dropping the connection? Which Android version do you have?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

It will connect but erratically . Sometimes within a minute and sometimes not at all. When it connects it occasionally stays connected for most of the time but usually just bounces between connected and connecting. I am running Oreo. As I mentioned before, for about two weeks in the summer the Versa worked flawlessly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an iPhone, Amazon fire and Hp laptop.Have the same problem on all three devices.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Versa just stopped syncing at noon today.  Occasionally a message came up on my phone saying Bluetooth was off.   I checked the Bluetooth on my phone and it was on and connected to the Versa.  But...just that action of checking the Bluetooth prompted a sync and it worked this time!  Strange.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tiggernut57 I noticed the more devices I had paired Versa with, the bigger issues syncing it had. The weirdest thing was even after forgetting it and unpairing, it would still connect from time to time. My recommendation would be to settle on one device, forget versa in Bluetooth settings of other two, and wipe (factory reset) versa so it doesn't remember it ever synced with other devices. Sighs. 😑 One more thing, Versa seems to be very possessive and jealous of other Bluetooth devices. So I basically had to remove everything else but my charge 2. I hope the upcoming Fitbit OS update resolves that issue.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow I have spent days on this issue  My blue tooth connects all other. Too many bugs here. Nice device but being beta is not worth frustrations. Sending it back 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums, for voicing your feedback and insight about this situation and for letting us know about the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Our team is currently working to resolve this situation, please note that some issues take longer than others to be resolved. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

The software update did not fix this issue, I now have version 32.32.12.19, and I still can't consistently connect over bluetooth to sync. I'm pairing to a single device, Samsung Note 8, and have tried every combination of All-Day Sync, Alway Connected, Keep-Alive Widget, and bluetooth classic, and still cannot sync!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I previously owned an Ionic.  I had it for 7-8 months.  I was so frustrated.  The watch would never sync on it's own.  I finally gave up and sent it back.  I went back to my Fit Bit One.  It was during this time, that I began to notice that  the One did not automatically sync via blue tooth anymore also.  I might add that I am strictly using these devices with a Windows 10 computer.  While experimenting with the One, I noticed it was always paired with my computer's blue tooth, but not always "connected".  I honestly did not know there was a difference.  In order to get the One to "connect", I simply had to restart my computers blue tooth and bingo!  I was "connected" and it would sync automatically.  However, when I get out of range of the computers blue tooth, the "connection" drops, yet it stills shows paired.  Okay that's my back story.  I recently decided to purchase a Versa.  I just couldn't pass up the Black Friday price.  The Versa reacts the same way as my One.  Paired, but not "connected" all the time.  The previous solution works with the Versa too.  Restarting my computer's blue tooth re-establishes the "connection" and I get automatic sync until I leave the range of the blue tooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having issues since day one with the Versa. This watch has been a big pain in my wrist connects one day won't connect the next day turn off Bluetooth turn back on Bluetooth, restart watch.....rinse and repeat.  I guess with the massive on going complaints fitbit has no plans on fixing this watch..I did rate this watch where I purchased it as not a good investment. 

Best Answer

Please see other post...accidently doubled it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Chemboy, I always sync it this way....still won't work most of the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa stopped syncing on Tuesday.. I've unpaired it, I've deleted the app and re-installed, I've deleted the Versa, and now I can't even connect it back because it won't stay connected to Bluetooth.  This SUCKS!  I bought it from Amazon and am totally pissed that I can't even use it.  So, Fitbit - how do you plan on fixing this?

Best Answer
I know your frustration. Did you do a complete hard reset of your Versa?
The only other thing that I can think of is to use version 2.74.2 of the
software. You can find it on a mirror site.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have reset it so many times it is ridiculous ! Nothing seems to work more than a couple of days. So disappointed. Have had fitbits for atleast 5 years and this is my “upgrade”? Right!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
One last thing to try. Do everything again and make sure there are no other
bluetooth devices connected to your phone or in the vicinity for that
matter.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am losing my mind!!! This is extremely frustrating. Just got the Versa so I would be able to store music on it, replaced the Blaze which never gave me any trouble. After a week, Versa #1 stopped syncing. I am on day 3 in Versa #2 and it hasn't synced since 7:47 pm yesterday. Researching Garmins now and sending this piece of junk back!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called FitBit yesterday... they were able to help me reset everything.  It's working now!

@caitlinfalls wrote:

I am losing my mind!!! This is extremely frustrating. Just got the Versa so I would be able to store music on it, replaced the Blaze which never gave me any trouble. After a week, Versa #1 stopped syncing. I am on day 3 in Versa #2 and it hasn't synced since 7:47 pm yesterday. Researching Garmins now and sending this piece of junk back!

Best Answer
0 Votes