Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't stay connected to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems my Versa is working as it should functionally however it wont stay connected to Bluetooth long enough to fully sync, update apps, receive notifications, etc... In the fitbit app under my account it will say "looking..." for a while then "connected..." for a second, then "syncing..." for a second then just go back to "looking...". So i went to my iPhone Bluetooth settings and can see that it connects for a second or two then just disappears, then connects and disappears and continues the cycle. Anyone else having this specific problem? Any suggestions to fix it? I've restarted the app, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, turned my bluetooth on and off, restarted my phone, restarted the Versa. Nothing seems to work. 

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212
Tried that, doesn’t seem to make any difference either.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like you have a dud. I am on number 3 now. The first wouldn't stay connected to the GPS. The second would not connect at all. The third one works fine so far. Through it all customer support has been first rate. 

Interesting aside, I have a charge 2 HR as well. I don't have any problems with it. In fact, I do not have it paired with my phone but if I go for a walk it will connect with the watch and use the GPS. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seem to have stumbled across a solution for myself.  Repeating I do not use my Versa with my phone, I only use it with my windows 10 computer.  Under my blue tooth there was an unchecked box (Download over metered connections) It says To help prevent extra charges, keep this off so device software (drivers, info and apps) for new devices wont download while you're on metered internet connections.  Well, I have unlimited internet on my home computer, so I decided to go ahead and check the box since I'm not on a metered connection.  This seems to work!  My Versa now syncs automatically and every time I look at the blue tooth devices on my computer the Versa shows "connected", as opposed to "paired"

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still having this same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't believe ya'll are sticking with it . I gave it 10 days and
exchanged for a Garmin Forerunner ( which I love and had it completely set
up in 30 minutes )
Not to mention the cheesy reply from Fitbit thanking everyone for their
patience . Sorry Fitbit - you do not pay me to be part of your research and
development team.
Peace out
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have every Fitbit and never had an issue until now with the versa. So
I'll wait
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder if Fitbit Versa will ever get fixed...nope they probably going to ride out this junk watch until the next upgrade....I will never purchase another Fitbit product...shame 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I replaced my surge with a versa and it keeps dropping off its Bluetooth connection on my android devices but not on my husbands iPhone.  Obviously means it's not been used to the best of its ability. Is there anything other than the restart, unpair and other things I have done to make pairing more reliable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I'm on Android as well and had them same problem with Bluetooth but recently I went into the function buttons and started turning on and off different button like the Bluetooth connection and all those other button...whatever I did seems to have worked my watch syncs now.  I have to go back look at those toogles to get correct names I did this couple weeks ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues, shame.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let us know if the replacement worlds

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine Went funny yesterday too! Something strange is going on 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both are very intermittent. Would b a good watch if they worked all the time  

Best Answer
0 Votes

the replacement is staying connected, but I'm having to charge it daily... I should have stayed with the Alta.

Best Answer
0 Votes

the replacement stays connected.. but I've had to turn bluetooth off and only turn it on to sync... the battery is draining and I use no apps on it so far... so their response was to deliberately drain the battery by syncing it 6 times in one day and then call back 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Versa a few days ago with some Christmas vouchers, as an update to my Blaze. The Bluetooth connection is shockingly unreliable! It seems from this thread that I'm not alone and that this issue has been going on for ages now. I've worked my way through the whole thing, trying every solution, and I'm right back where I was when I first installed it:

The Versa synchronises now and then, on a schedule known only to itself. Connections are spotty and erratic, meaning that the apps are all but useless. Coupled with the pitiful selection of banks buying into Fitbit Pay, my "upgrade" is actually less functional than the watch I bought it to replace!

Not impressed, Fitbit. If this is such a well-known, long standing, widely experienced issue, why on earth are you still selling them?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That explains a lot, I have been trying to sync my versa for about 3 days and without success, not to mention other issues like pairing device and changing watch faces. 

Thats pretty disappointing!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just found out most phones aren't actually compatible..

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just found out after calling fitbit that most phones aren't actually compatible

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've got mine working now perfectly, I just changed the battery settings of my phone to manage manually x

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes