Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't stay connected to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems my Versa is working as it should functionally however it wont stay connected to Bluetooth long enough to fully sync, update apps, receive notifications, etc... In the fitbit app under my account it will say "looking..." for a while then "connected..." for a second, then "syncing..." for a second then just go back to "looking...". So i went to my iPhone Bluetooth settings and can see that it connects for a second or two then just disappears, then connects and disappears and continues the cycle. Anyone else having this specific problem? Any suggestions to fix it? I've restarted the app, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, turned my bluetooth on and off, restarted my phone, restarted the Versa. Nothing seems to work. 

Best Answer
212 REPLIES 212
Hi
You need to change your battery settings to manually allow all on your phone but only on the Fitbit app

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Given everyone is having problems I wonder if Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) is a problem. It takes two devices to tango (e.g., Versa and iPad) and one of the energy saving features of BLE is putting itself to sleep in between data transfers. How much of an issue is it for different devices to "handshake" with Versa when a data transfer is initiated? Regular Bluetooth does not sleep but it is also expensive and uses more power. Data transfers over 1MB/sec "pipes" (There are 79 designated Bluetooth channels) takes milliseconds, then BLE goes to sleep. I wonder why having other bluetooth devices around would be a problem when there are so many bluetooth channels available. 

Just a thought. It might explain all the sync issues we see.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same issue. I also can't get it to connect to my Bluetooth headphones. I spent over an hour fixing it last night by uninstalling everything and removing the watch from my Bluetooth all together. Then this morning it was right back at it. I'm so frustrated, I should have just bought a Garmin. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tararose I LOVE my Garmin ! Up and running in just minutes. I will NEVER
buy a Fitbit product again
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish I would have listened to my friends who have them!
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Versa Watch is horrible and they dont care since they keep selling it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turning on visibility works, but you shouldn't have to do that once the Versa is paired with your phone. Leaving on visibility gives anybody the capability to see your electronic device and to connect. This is not a permanent solution at all. And definitely not a safe one.

I'm honestly debating just taking my Versa back to the retailer where I bought it from. We shouldn't have to do all of this in order to get it to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. I managed to get it to connect long enough for setup but the next day could not get it to connect to save my life. The Versa showed connected under Bluetooth but in the Fitbit app it said it couldn't connect. Turns out the problem was I still had my previous Fitbit Charge connected in the app. My thought was to leave it connected until I was sure the Versa was working. But ultimately, that's what caused the Versa to NOT work. Once I removed the Fitbit Charge from my profile in the Fitbit app everything worked great.

I hope this helps someone. I was so disappointed was contemplating sending the Versa back. This was such an easy fix!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found that having another Fitbit paired with my pjone was problematic as well. My solution was to pair  my Charge 2 with my tablet and the Versa with my phone. The Versa works more reliably but not all of the time. I also have the best luck running the latest firmware with 2.74.2 installed on the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem and it is driving me crazy! This is my replacement Versa since the one I got for Christmas wouldn’t hold a charge. They replaced it with this one and it had been working well until it suddenly won’t sync because it can’t find the bluetooth signal. I’m so frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ll never buy another one!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I moved to a new phone 8 and that was the problem 

I couldn't even remove the versa from Bluetooth.

I simply reinstalled fitbit and now it works 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. So far this seems to be the only option that works at least for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • What did you do I’m having the same problem 
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey

Go to your battery settings in system and change the setting to manual. 
This solved everything for me 😊

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

In my phone or on my Fitbit ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
On your phone. 
SettingsBatteryApp launchManage manuallyX

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes