Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't sync to my phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the past two weeks I've had trouble syncing my Versa to the app... it's very sporadic, sometimes syncing only when away from wifi. Have they done something recently to the programming? I've gone through all the hoops. Reinstalled the app, restarted the watch, restarted my wifi and bluetooth.. no rhyme or reason when it decides to work... frustrating... 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there, @AnneMarie50. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa before reaching out. I understand how you must be feeling. 

I've seen you contacted our Support Team before posting here. If the steps they provided did not work, please feel free to contact our team back so they continue assisting you.

Have a good day. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

That doesn't answer if there have been  any changes to programming to cause all these issues all.of a sudden. I've had this watch for 2 years with no issues and all of a sudden  there are these challenges. I've already spent hours with all the shut this, do that, try this sequence. Calling in fixed the problem at the moment but not long term.

Best Answer

@AnneMarie50 No changes have been made to the Fitbit devices software. Nevertheless, if you're syncing with an Android phone, please make sure it meets the requirements listed here as the requirements change every now and then depending of your phone's OS. 

See you around. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. I turn my phone off every night and my versa does not connect automatically anymore when turning on. 

👉2 things have happened in the last f/n THAT MIGHT HAVE INFLUENCED THIS

Samsung update 2 weeks ago

Google play update 2 weeks ago

I have checked all settings. Background usage, Bluetooth etc, but cannot find the issue. Tried all this 

1. Verify if Always Connected settings in your Fitbit Versa is enabled.     👉CAN NOT FIND THIS
  2. Make sure the All-Day Sync in your Fitbit Versa is enabled.                   👉CANNOT FIND THIS EITHER
  3. Check your phone’s permission to scan for Bluetooth devices.:heavy_check_mark:
  4. Restart Fitbit app in your phone.:heavy_check_mark:
  5. Refresh your phone’s network connection by resetting network settings.:heavy_check_mark:
  6. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.:heavy_check_mark:
Best Answer
0 Votes

Heavy check mark here as well... like that. Can Fitbit please see if the Google and Samsung updates might have affected the downloads? I just erased everything and started from scratch last night, checked updates and it is still not syncing this morning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Really annoying. Thank goodness I only have to open the app every morning
and it syncs for the rest of the day. Clearly something is really wrong. I
know Google has sent an email that it turns certain permissions off, but I
can't see that is the case with this. I also looked at background apps
which are akways on. Funny enough I can NOT add fitbit..did you have a look
at that?
Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean by opening up the app to make it sync for the rest of the day? I will open the App and it still.doesnt sync. Today I had to leave my house and the wifi to get it to sync with my dats... for your location, maybe if you open the settings fir phone<location or Apps in settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnneMarie50 @Jo.aus Thanks for trying to troubleshoot this issue. I understand where you guys are coming from. 

As mentioned in my previous post, I've seen you both contacted our Support Team already. If the steps they provided did not work, please feel free to contact our team back so they continue assisting you.

Thanks for your understanding. Have a good day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone,

I many have found an easy solution, more than everything else..

i found that if you reset passord on a PC , to fitbit login screen, use the 'forgot password' link

get the email, follow link and use the password criteria set out for you,  ie must have capitol and lower case letters, number and special character,

(you may not have had a special character in password before..)

then login into website from computer,  then login phone with new password and win win winner,

it should link-up to your watch/device for you automatically

hope this helps,  **ahem** new security count-measures..

regards

Nigel

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem early today. I did all the same steps that you followed.
Did you restart your phone? I decided to do this and I was able to get it to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried restarting the phone several times. 

I did discover that my Versa is not syncing with the App while.on wifi... I have to leave the vicinity of my wifi to get it to sync using my data. Even if I gave permission to the App to always use data if wifi is around.  Now that I've narrowed it down, I'll try tech support again. Appreciate all the community assistance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very strange indeed.
Good luck and I hope that tech support can help you.

Best Answer
0 Votes