Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't track my sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa hasn't tracked my sleep for the past two nights. I have entered my sleep manually, but no sleep stages or other info.  This is one of the reasons I got a fitness tracking watch.  Seriously considering sending it back to Fitbit for a refund.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Restarting it several times didn't work, wearing it higher on the wrist didn't work.  

1.Heart rate monitoring is sketchy , at best.

2.Tracks flights of stairs very inconstantly (I climb the same structure over and over throughout my shift at work and it varies the "flights" I have climbed each time from 3-9).

3.Won't track sleep.

Three strikes, you're out.  I am returning all Fitbit items.  Shameful, considering that FitBit is widely considered the standard in fitness tracking devises. #goinggarmin

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

Trackers do miss some nights and some nights your body interfers with the sleep tracking. I was not well a few weeks back and got no sleep tracking. Restart your Versa several times and see if that helps tonight.

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Great to have you here @Rattlerlv and thanks for the input @NellyG.

I appreciate the efforts in trying to fix this. There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

I hope this helps, catch you later. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Restarting it several times didn't work, wearing it higher on the wrist didn't work.  

1.Heart rate monitoring is sketchy , at best.

2.Tracks flights of stairs very inconstantly (I climb the same structure over and over throughout my shift at work and it varies the "flights" I have climbed each time from 3-9).

3.Won't track sleep.

Three strikes, you're out.  I am returning all Fitbit items.  Shameful, considering that FitBit is widely considered the standard in fitness tracking devises. #goinggarmin

Best Answer

my versa Fitbit wont tracking my sleep 

Best Answer

How is 'returning the product' a solution??? Be nice if fitbit fixed their sleep tracking problem or at least admitted there was one! 

Best Answer

And yet none of these scenarios applied to me and my versa is still not tracking my sleep after your update! 

Best Answer

I’m having he same problem. The heart monitor doesn’t seem to work. It always shows my heart rate between 70-80 even when I’m doing cardio and my other monitor shows it accurately around 140-160. The verse won’t track my sleep at all. I have been putting my old Fitbit blaze on at night to track my sleep. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's so frustrating. I kept working with their support until they kept asking me to perform the same 'tests' for a third time. Then I wanted it escalated and then I got the replacement notification. 

My update: I have a replacement versa - that I have NOT done the firmware update on and it tracks everything perfectly. Sleep included. 

I won't be doing this version of the firmware update. 

Best Answer

BTW everyone - even though this solution is marked as 'solved' it is NOT! Unless the solution is to return 'all Fitbit' devices. Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

can i get back to the previous firmware somehow??

Best Answer

So has anyone figured out how to get the sleep tracker to work on the versa

Best Answer

I’ve had mine for about 8 months now, and literally just 3 nights ago stopped recording my sleep intermittently. I’m so sad. 😞

Best Answer

I just got the Versa 2 and the last 4 nights it hasn't tracked my sleep either. I was having a hard time getting it to pick up my heart rate and I wasn't getting notifications. Everything works fine except it tracking my sleep as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have a new Versa 2, and I'm not getting sleep stages.  All else works.  Have tried all placements on wrist, doesn't help.  Anybody found a successful way, or is it a problem with the Versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you had any success with sleep stage monitoring, or just basic data.  I just replace a Blaze that I had for over two years and it was usually successful but began failing in various areas, including sleep stage and syncing.  The Versa 2 works in every way except sleep stages....

Best Answer
0 Votes

The solution was that they replaced the hardware - it was the only thing that worked. But I had to really be persistent with my complaints about the issue. There is no clear process for formalising complaints and it is difficult. But persist - no amount of restarting, wiping data, and restarting did anything but take up my time and frustrate me. 

Best Answer

This is marked as 'answered' and that there is a 'best answer'. The only answer is, if you have tried everything suggested, to insist that the hardware be replaced. I got the same 'automated' reply everytime I asked for help. I got tired of that and insisted something more permanent be done. They replaced the hardware and it as worked seemlessly since.

Best Answer
Turns out that it does track my sleep with stages if I wear it about 3
finger widths up on my arm. Any less than that and I get basic data.
Best Answer

Mine started having problems with sleep tracking four nights ago. I go to bed between 11:30-12:30 but tracking doesn't kick in until 3-3:30am suddenly. I've only had this thing a month. I'm very disappointed. 

Best Answer