Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on and it will not charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa died completely while I was out shopping 2 days ago, when I got back home I placed it on the charger and its been on it for 2 days and I has not charged at all. I have tried charging from computers, and different wall outlets. I'm very upset!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Have you tried restarting your Versa? Do it several times and see if that revives it. If it doesnt help try a factory reset. Ifnthatbdoesnt work you will need to contact Support (link in my signature ) Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Me too!  Had less than 2 weeks!  This isn't right!

Best Answer

I had the same problem never did charge. And also the Versa got hot, no longer would it charge. Not happ with Fitbit right now

Best Answer
Me either! I don't understand what happened with them....they need to develop a decent product rather than try to get something out fast! Disappointed for sure.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
Couldn't agree more!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Lol this helped me out.. I was about to start panicking .. My versa wouldn't charge but I let go of the buttons as soon as the logo displayed and it seems to be fine now. Thanks!

Best Answer

I've had mine for a little over a week and won't charge.  The app says it's battery is at half, the watch itself say 0.  I put it on the charger and noting.  I've tried the reboot and all I get is 0%.  Not real thrilled with fitbit at the moment.

Best Answer

And when all of that does not work??? 

Still dead? Put back in box and return?

Best Answer

Same thing has happened to me! I’ve tried all  previously suggested steps and no joy, it’s completely dead

Best Answer
I called and they replaced it for me
Best Answer
Thanks for the reply, I’ve had a few messages via Twitter now waiting for another department to get back to me, fingers crossed

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to get mine replaced! Thank goodness for warranty!

...but I also will never let my battery life get below 20% now (an average use for about 1.5 days).🥵

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Luckily for me mines just inside the warranty, hope you’re new one remains ok

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit versa is doing the same thing and I don't think there's a warranty on it so will they still replace it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was still in warranty so they replaced the tracker but this turned out to be a faulty & refurbished so I’ve had to said it back, hopefully it will be third time lucky for me. If it’s outside of warranty period they don’t have to replace

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the hold down all 3 buttons thing but nothing came up. Any advise other than replacing it.

Best Answer

call and they will send you a new one.  That's what I had to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had mine replaced through warranty

New one has not had any problems... other than not connecting properly to my phone.. but thats “totally different”. Lol

Sorry bud.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You saved my watch!!! Thanks mine was doing the same thing and this worked!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes