Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on and it will not charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa died completely while I was out shopping 2 days ago, when I got back home I placed it on the charger and its been on it for 2 days and I has not charged at all. I have tried charging from computers, and different wall outlets. I'm very upset!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

I am having the same issue. It was low battery charged, put it on, wore for a bit then died, has been on charger but no even battery charging screen and cannot get it to turn on. 

Best Answer

After a call to customer service, they confirmed what I already figured. It was dead. 25% off a new one since it was out of warranty is as good as it got. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had the same issue, I spoke with customer support and they stated I was beyond warranty! Technically I guess I was but I had been 6mo. Without my Fitbit trying to get it to work but they didn’t seem to care! It took forever to try an get a live person to talk with and when I finally did they were gonna offer a losy 20% I had aleady gave up and bought a new one for $299.99 cause I was losing more money from work not able to log my stats. If I new they were gonna be so unappreciated of me being

a local customer I would have gone and bought an Apple Watch !!! I suggest you do the later and go with Apple never again will they get another dime from me.. very poor customer service for the price they get !!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply. That’s exactly what I did do. Had always had Fitbit, but yes changed to an Apple Watch!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jeanie20 You are a lifesaver! I talked to support twice about this issue and they weren’t any help. I didn’t even know there was that little button on the back and they didn’t mention it at all. But using a pen to press it then following the other steps worked. I did those and left it on the charger overnight and woke up and it was back after being dead since Tuesday. Thank you!! 🙏

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a Fitbit since 2013 with few problems. Today, I am growing very disappointed due to a non-responsive Versa, no customer service (not even an email address) available on weekends and the comments posted on this thread. My daughter gave me her Versa six months, so the warranty has passed. My Versa has a black screen and does not even show 0% message after being on one of my two chargers for hours. My app synced two days ago saying it was at a medium charge but my Versa and  app currently are not responding to each other. I have wasted several hours researching and trying all the recommendations on Fitbit.com and several other websites with no successes. My Versa is a pet rock. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only 1 button on Versa 2. You mention 3. Having sane issue.  How do I factory reset Versa 2? I've held button in multiple times for restart but now its dead & won't charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Samspecmom i followed these steps and it worked for me. I didn’t even know there was a little button on the back. 

BD76D41C-6AFD-418F-9B91-0FEE80A6A3E8.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bonjour, ma montre a commencé hier matin a avoir des lignes situées de haut en bas  l extrême gauche. Ensuite le logo fitbit affiché en permanence et maintenant plus rien. Même si je charge, rien n apparaît, même si je maintien les 3 boutons, le logo n apparaît toujours pas.

Je dois faire quoi

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you NellyG!! I thought I would need to send my Versa back and all that hullabaloo but following your link to manually reset it did the trick!! YAY!! Go FitBit Community!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it were I , I’d throw it in your driveway, get in your vehicle and drive
over it, then go buy an Apple Watch, unless you are still under warranty
Fitbit won’t do a thing about it except give you 20% off a $299.99to go buy
another one that might last a year before going dead.

Go to Apple and buy your next watch, because Fitbit refuses to make good on
an obvious issue with their versa’s 1/2 once the battery dies it’s dead you
may be able to get it back by resetting but it only last a couple of weeks
before it’s dead again, won’t hold a charge and God forbid if it goes out
completely it can take another 2-3 weeks trying to get it to take a charge
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my second time charging my fitbit versa 2 since I purchased it a week or two ago. The battery life is at 6% but it will  not charge. Do I need another charger?

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is a small hole in the underside near the metal pin points. You might try inserting a pin into that area to reset. I did this with my husband’s in addition to holding down the button.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
If I were you I would notify Fitbit immediately and the should replace it,
it’s sounds more like a faulty battery in the watch itself.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

How to resolve this ????

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t. I ended up throwing it out and buying a new one. 

Best Answer
If this is the one with 3 buttons then. First hold the left middle button and the right upper button with your left thumb and index finger. Then hold the right upper button with your right index finger. Hold all three down at once for about 30 secs. Then release the right button. Hopefully the Fitbit logo or a percent charge will come up. If so then put in your charger.
Also you may need to take a straight pin or paper clip to depress the internal button on the right underside near the band and then repeat the process.
You may have to do this multiple times.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that advice, I was about to panic too as 4 months out of warranty and it worked perfectly and is now charging 😀 

Best Answer
0 Votes
didn't work
Best Answer
0 Votes

yes it has 3 buttons ,   2 on one side and one on the other side is that the one u r talking about ?

how do i get ahold of fitbit.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes