Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on or charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my versa refuses to turn on, Im not sure what the issue is. I have tried all suggestions online, and 3 different chargers. It is less than 2 yrs old. Please help! Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Jim78@Safaripunch@2ĺ, and @stuhitchen

First and foremost, I'm sorry to hear about your issues with the Versa smartwatches. Our warranty provides replacements for devices deemed to have a manufacturer's defect within 365 days of purchase and please trust that Fitbit's mission is to empower and inspire you to live a healthier, more active life. We design products and experiences that fit seamlessly into your life so you can achieve your health and fitness goals, whatever they may be. This is also the reason we tried to check for the possible options that we can provide you based from your warranty.

If you've exhausted all troubleshooting steps to fix your watch and contacted our Support Team, but are not satisfied or agree with the resolution of your case, please get in touch with our them again or you can check our warranty policies here for a better understanding of the information that they provided to you.

I'll be around if there's anything else I may do for you in the meantime.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
40 REPLIES 40

Hi there @AmberO., welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about your Versa that is not turning on nor charging and for taking the time to try fixing the issue by following the recommendations online prior to posting here.

As per the description of your post it seems that the battery on your watch may not be charging properly and therefore does not turn on. I recommend that you follow these steps (or please confirm that you've followed them as described below):

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Let me know on the outcome, I'll be around.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, i have honestly tried all of the things that you recommended and it still won't turn on. I have 3 chargers, ive tried them all and still nothing. I am so sad. 

Best Answer

Hi there @AmberO.I appreciate you've taken the time to follow the tips and recommendations I provided. Since none of the steps you tried have worked, I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible since our support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

I'll be around if you have any questions present.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm currently having this issue! It hasn't even been a year that I've had mine. I didnt wear it for a few months, decided I needed to get it charged up and wear it again and it wont charge! Bought a new charger thinking that was the issue and still nothing. It wont turn on and it wont charge, I've tried pressing and holding the buttons as well to no avail. Super upset that it isn't working after a year.

Best Answer

Hi there @RebH, welcome here. Thanks for the details provided in your post and for letting me know that you also purchased a new charger to make sure the old one was the one causing your Charge 3 to not turn on. 

To better assist you, would you mind trying all the tips and recommendations I've posted here? With the first suggestion listed, please try cleaning only your Charge 3 as you got a new charger and it should be fine.

I'm looking forward to your response, keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I'm having the same problem with my Fitbit Versa. I had to charge it and then it turned on for an hour or so and then turned off and will not start up again.

Its not even a year old. I have cleaned everything on it and the charger that came with it and still no turn on. 

What other suggestions do you have? 

Thank you, Joh 

Best Answer

Hi there @Johnny686, thanks for stopping by. I appreciate you've taken the time to follow the tips and recommendations I've provided above. 

I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible since due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

I'll be around if you have any questions present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit versa's battery went to 0% this morning and the versa died.  I have been unable to get the device to charge.  I have tried all of the trouble shooting suggestions with no result.  Please set me up with support so that I can resolve this issue.  I am very frustrated.  I rely on my Versa for tracking my activity every day.  Please help!

Best Answer

kimmcc mine did the exact same! Support hasn’t been helpful at all other then telling me to buy a new watch and said they can give me a 25% coupon. 

did you recently update the watch? I started having issues right after I did the update. 

Best Answer

I have cleaned the versa as well. Left it on the charger over night, tried multiple UL certified wall chargers that I know work because I use them for other devices as well and still will not power on.

Best Answer

My Versa is doing the same thing. Thought it wasn’t charging, but the app shows that it is 100% charged. Tried all of the suggestions from Fitbit and some I found online. Started having issues after the last update (sleep tracking and syncing). Now the screen just stays dark. I am not encouraged by comments the other 10 people on this thread have made. Is it time to start researching other brands?

Best Answer
I updated it a few weeks ago. I have been noticing that the battery won’t hold a charge for longer than two days. It used to hold a charge for 4 or 5 days.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello @Malissa033, welcome to the Community Forums. We understand and respect your decision regarding the 25% our Support Team previously offered.

Please know that when a Fitbit devices is deemed defective we review eligibility using the one year warranty option. For our full warranty terms and conditions, see our Return Policy and Warranty.

Fitbit does not warrant that the operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. See the Fitbit Terms of Service for details of your rights with respect to use of the software and related services. Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Hi there @kimmcc@Jim78, and @RebH. Thanks for following the tips and recommendations I provided above, I'm sorry to hear that those steps didn't work for you. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Note that our support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Edited:  I now have it fixed. I was able to troubleshoot the problem myself and no longer need help.

Good Morning All,

I am having the same issue with my Versa.  The battery died last night before I could get home to put it on the charger.  I have 2 chargers and have tried them both.  It was on one of the two chargers from 930pm last night to 730am today and it will not power up or turn on.  I put it on the second charger around 8am this morning and still nothing.  I just tried cleaning the charger "port" and still nothing.  I have only had my Versa for 15 months and I bought it brand new from a retail store.  

Please add me to the list of Support Tickets.  I need my smartwatch working asap so I can be notified when I have a call or text while I am at work and have to be away from my phone.  I have family members that have health problems and if they need me, I need to know even when I don't have my phone with me.  

Side Note: 

It sounds like Fitbit may be trying to faze out the Versa to make room for the Versa 2. I do not want the Versa 2 for personal reason and will switch to a different brand of tracker if I am forced to by a new one. 

Sorry for all the CAPS but I am trying to make a statement.  I am seeing too many people with this issue on this thread and you would think as a large company like Fitbit would be looking into this heavier.  ANY help on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Moderator Edit: Caps

Best Answer

Hi there @alicat88, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear what happened to your Versa. I 

To better assist you, I'd recommend trying the steps I recommended here. Please do not clean your charging cables as you have 2 of them, so just clean your Versa. 

If those steps don't work, please follow the next steps to perform a factory reset on your device:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

PS: I had to edit your post as sentences or paragraphs in caps are not allowed in the Community Forums.

I'll be waiting for your reply is further assistance is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa 2 is about 6 months old. It died a few days ago and will not take a charge now. I have cleaned the back of it with rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush. I have also successfully charged a different versa 2 on the charger, so it's not a charger issue. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @CaraCaraCara, welcome here. Thanks for letting me know that you've tried the tips and recommendations I've provided here and for also testing that your charger is working fine.

I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account. 

Let me know if you have any questions present.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a new Versa 2 in March 2020 - worked fine until yesterday.  Got the low battery message - hook the Versa 2 up to charge and nothing!  Tried different outlets, usb plug, cleaned the contacts with rubbing alcohol and still nothing.  Now it is completely dead. I am so disappointed - every Fitbit has a different charger so you have to purchase extras - I can't even try any of the 5 or 6 chargers I have from my ealier Fitbits.  I just want the thing to work!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @redstarmom, welcome to the Community Forums. I am sorry to hear your Versa 2 is not charging or turning on. Thanks for trying to resolve this and I am here to help. I understand how disappointing this is for you as you have been a Fitbit customer for a long time and would like to continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. Thank you for your feedback and suggestion, we're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. 

I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible since due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

We hope to get you back on track soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes