Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on or take a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated the software on my year-old Versa last week. By the next day, it was acting completely wonky, so I had to do a factory reset. I did that, it turned off, and never turned back on. It was ~75% charged when it died, and I let it sit in the charger just in case, but nothing. It’s completely dead. Is it possible the update completely ran the battery to nothing?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@SunsetRunner, welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since it won't turn on or take a charge. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. This article contains steps that you already tried but you can skip them and proceed with the rest.

Keep me posted on the outcome! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this same issue. My fit bit screen stopped responding to touch so I did and update and rest the device. It did not work. I did a factory reset and now it won’t turn back on. The device had a 87% charge before test. I ailed support and I’ve live chatted with the company with no resolution. This is the second device in less than 18 months. And now the warranty is “expired” so I’m left with no device and a 25% off coupon. Seems like a ploy to make consumers buy new devices. It should be an issue that devices are not lasting longer than 6 months. Seriously disappointed with the company. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing. Still completely dead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem, I restarted it and then put it on the charger and it worked just fine. I hope this helped

Best Answer
0 Votes